The new standards-based curriculum design by the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) in partnership with the Ministry of Education is to ensure the quality of education and inclusive for all learners. It is for this reason that the new curriculum sets all the subject areas learners must be taught, how they should be taught, and how to assessed them. Also, it provides a set of basic skills learners are to acquire and demonstrate as they progress from one curriculum stage to the other.
Teachers Manual for Standards-Based Curriculum
The curriculum and its related teachers’ manual encourage the use of inclusive and gender-responsive pedagogy which placed learners at the Centre of teaching and learning. Hence, all learners regardless of their gender can participate freely in every learning activity.
Henceforth, at the point of exit from formal education, the new curriculum expects all learners to acquired 4Rs of Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, and Creativity which are the foundational skills for life, also prerequisites for becoming a digitally literate, critical thinker, and problem solver.
NaCCA Teachers Resource Pack
This resource pack is meant to guide and inform primary school teachers about the implementation of the new standards-based curriculum and lesson preparation. Also, the pack explains in detail strand; sub-strand; content standard; and learning indicators as well as all keywords/concepts teachers need to understand and address during a lesson. A sample lesson plan format has also been provided to guide teachers in weekly lesson plan preparation.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- HISTORY B1-B6
- RELIGIOUS AND MORAL EDUCATION B1-B6
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION B1-B6
- OUR WORLD OUR PEOPLE
OUR WORLD OUR PEOPLE B1-B3
OUR WORLD OUR PEOPLE B4-B6
- GHANAIAN LANGUAGE
- CREATIVE ARTS AND DESIGN
CREATIVE ARTS B1-B3
CREATIVE ARTS B4-B6
- List of Approved Textbooks (KG-BASIC 6) -NaCCA
- Learners Resource Pack- NaCCA
- The New Common Core Programme (CCP)
- National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA)
- NaCCA and its New Educational Policies in Ghana
- The New Common Core Programme Manual-free Download
- List of Recommended Textbooks for the Common Core Programme (KG-BASIC 6) -NaCCA
- Teachers Resource Pack- National Council for Curriculum and Assessment
- NaCCA Weekly Lesson Plan- free download
You may also like to read some developing stories around the new Standards- Based Curriculum and NaCCA approved textbooks. These stories are generating a lot of uproar amongst Ghana Education Service and Scholars.
You May Like