Table of Contents
What is a HELB Batch Number?
The HELB Batch Number is the tracking number that is used for your loan disbursement. HELB disbursements are done in groups, also called ‘batches’ and each batch has a unique identification number (e.g HELB-003856).
Government Loans, Scholarships and Bursaries in Kenya
You can apply for government scholarships, loans, and bursaries through any of the following websites:
- Higher Education Fund – HEF Portal to apply for scholarships and loans.
- Access the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) to apply for education loans as an Undergraduate student. Returning students apply for HELB subsequent loans.
- Discover Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS Student Portal on available scholarships and bursaries. Find out the latest KUCCPS application and revision of courses.
- Explore the Universities Fund, UF to check out Universities Fund for more scholarship and bursary options.
How to Check HELB Batch Number Online
Follow this procedure to learn how to check your HELB batch number online.
- Go to HELB Portal
- Log in with your credentials
- Navigate to the “My Loans” tab
- Choose the Year
- Tap the “View Details” button
- Check the second last column of your loan details.
How to Check your HELB Batch Number Using your Mobile Phone
Check your HELB batch number or loan status is now easy with your mobile phone. Here are the steps to follow:
- Dial HELB USSD Code *642#
- Select option 1 for login
- Enter your PIN
- Select option 1 for Loan application and Disbursement
- Select option 1 for the Disbursement report
- Select the Academic year
Well done!! Your HELB loan disbursement statement will be sent to your line via SMS.
- If you had registered for HELB on the previous (old) HELB portal you’ll need to re-register on the new portal for HELB to capture your details and also so that you can access their services.
- Download the app from Google Play Store as it is more secure and up-to-date.
- Wait for about 30 minutes and retry, if you are unable to log into the app. If you are still unsuccessful delete the app and install it again.
- HELB Self Service (USSD Short Code) doesn’t need an internet connection or computer. Dial *642# on your mobile phone. Safaricom charges apply.