Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to apply for Higher Education Loans Board via the HELB Online Application Portal. The Higher Education Loans Board, HELB Online Application is open for both Government Sponsored and Self Sponsored Students (SSP). All students of higher education in Kenya are eligible to apply for the HELB Loans.
Table of Contents
HELB Portal Registration
The Higher Education Loans Board – HELB Portal is an Online Student Information System that gives you instant access to a wealth of resources at HELB. Let’s Get Started via HELB Student Portal.
The system is very easy to use. When you register and login you will have access to everything from loan application to allocation and disbursement status. Besides, students can check HELB Status, dates for disbursement of loans, as well as the application deadline.
Who can Access the HELB Online Application Portal?
Any registered or existing students of higher education in Kenya are eligible and can have free and unlimited access to the portal.
HELB Online Application Portal
How to Apply for HELB Loan online, Here’s the step to follow;
- Visit the HELB Website
- Access the Student Portal on the navigation tab
- Register, Create, and Activate your Account
- Login and Select the applicable product
- Read and appraise yourself on the Financial Literacy Program
- Access and fill Loan Application form online
- Print TWO copies of the filled Loan Application Form
- Have the Form signed and stamped by the relevant authorities
- Read, understand and sign to accept the Loan Terms and Conditions and Data Protection Consent Form
- Deliver one copy of the duly completed application form with the relevant supporting documents in a sealed envelope to CLE Offices Karen Office Park Acacia Block 2nd Floor, Nairobi
- Retain a copy of the filled and signed Loan Application Form
How to Check Your HELB Loan Disbursement Status via Online Portal
It’s easy to use our Self-Serve options, which allow you to check your loan status, statement, and compliance certificate.
- Simply follow the step-by-step guide to check your HELB loan disbursement status online
What does it mean when my HELB disbursement status reads partially disbursed?
At this point, it means your loan has been initiated for disbursement yet to be paid to your account ( school or bank) or one installment has been paid (semester 1) and the other one is in progress.
The status will read fully disbursed when semesters 2 and 1 have been paid to a student bank account (upkeep) and a school account (tuition/bursary/scholarship)
HELB Loan Application Deadline
HELB places advertisements in the print media in which it invites applications for loans. The HELB maintains a deadline and those applications received after the deadline without justifiable reasons are not processed.