Explore the Higher Education Loans Board – HELB Student Portal via studentportal.helb.co.ke and login with their credential. Here, students register and apply for loans, check HELB disbursement status, students seeking access, beneficiaries keen to repay their loans, employers remitting deductions, or even non-loanees download their compliance certificate, free of charge.
About The Higher Education Loans Board, HELB
The Higher Education Loans Board, HELB, is the leading financier of higher education in Kenya. It is a State Corporation.
HELB’s objective is to provide financial support to deserving Kenyan students enrolled in higher learning institutions (approved by the Commission for University Education). Both Government Sponsored and Self Sponsored Students (SSP) are eligible for all students of higher education in Kenya.
However, for SSP students, all the payments are done directly to the institution’s account as tuition while Government Sponsored students receive upkeep payments in their bank accounts and tuition payment (directly to the institution’s account) of KES. 4,000 per semester.
When are HELB loan awards released? HELB releases loan results before the new academic year starts. Thereafter, students who fail to secure a loan or are awarded inadequate amounts are encouraged to appeal. Each appeal is reviewed on its merit.
If one fails to get a loan, the following could be possible reasons:
- The student may not have provided adequate information about him/herself as requested
- The student may have provided false information on the loan application form.
Features on the HELP Portal
The HELB Portal has all the information you need for:
- Students in public or private universities or TVET institution
- Loan beneficiaries who want to repay
- Employers remitting deductions
- Non-loanees who want a compliance certificate
- Check HELB Loan Status Online
HELB Portal Registration
The HELB Portal is an Online Student Information System that gives you instant access to a wealth of resources at HELB.
The system is very easy to use. When you register and login you will have access to everything from loan application to allocation and disbursement status. Besides, students can check HELB Online status, dates for disbursement of loan, as well as application deadline.
Who can Access the HELB Online Application Portal? Any registered or existing students of higher education in Kenya are eligible and can have free and unlimited access to the portal.
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to apply for Higher Education Loans Board via the HELB Online Application Portal.
How to Access HELB Student Portal
To access the HELB Student Portal, here’s the step to follow:
- Explore www.helb.co.ke
- Tap on Student Portal on the navigation tab
- Scroll down the homepage and Tap on Login
- Tap Sign Up if you want to register for the first time
- Enter your ID Number and First Name
- Select ID Card Type
- Tap on Validate
- Check your Email and follow the Activation Link sent via Email Address
- Access your HELB Portal and login with your credentials
Cheers!!! You have now created a Higher Education Loans Board – HELB Portal Account. Let Apply for a HELB Loan Registration.
How to Login HELB Student Portal
Here’s a quick way to login to the Higher Education Loans Board student portal
- Discover HELB Student Portal
- Enter your Email Address and Password
- Tap on the Login button
Students are to tap on the Register button to create an account if it is their first login.
5 Easy Ways to Make HELB Loan Repayment
Empower another student today by making timely and consistent repayment of your loan on time. You can use the various payments at your disposal.
- WorldRemit or Wave
- Employer check-off
- Credit or Debit card
- Bank Deposit or Bank Standing Order
Apply HELB Loanee Compliance Certificate
Finished repaying your loan and wondering how to access your compliance certificate? Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can receive one.
- Visit the HELB Student Portal
- Enter your Login Credentials
- Access HELB Dashboard
- Go to Services
- Fill in your details and Save
- Navigate to Compliance Certificate
- Tap on Get Certificate
- The certificate will be ready for your Download
Remember, the HELB Loanee and Non-Loanee Compliance Certificates are both free of charge.
For further inquires,
- Visit HELB Website via: www.helb.co.ke