The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) invites applications for the First Time 2022/2023 Undergraduate Student Loan from Kenyan students placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) and those in self-sponsored programmes in Public and Private Universities in Kenya and the East African Community that are recognized by the Commission for University Education (CUE).
- Undergraduate Students applying for the first student loan.
How to Apply for HELB Undergraduate Student Loan
Here’s how Kenyan students can apply for Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) via the online portal. Follow the steps to complete the application form.
- Applicants should visit our website via www.helb.co.ke
- Navigate to access HELB Student Portal to register
- In case you’re new, create and activate your account (ensure you use your mobile number registered under your name and ID number)
- Login HELB Portal
- Enter your login credentials
- Go to Loan Application
- Tap and select the 2022/2023 Undergraduate First Time Loan Application Form (LAF)
- Read and appraise yourself online on Financial Literacy and appreciate the purpose of credit
- Access and fill out the HELB student loan online application form
- Preview the online form, make all the necessary corrections
- Tap on the Submit button
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form
- Have the forms appropriately filled and signed where necessary
- Read, understand and sign to accept the Loan Terms and Conditions and Data Protection Consent form
HELB Student Loan Application Centers
Present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form and all the attached support documents at any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you:
- Taita Taveta
- West Pokot
- Bomet and Makueni for free and secure delivery OR
HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi, OR Send to HELB through registered and secured mail or courier.
What You Must Know
- Retain a copy of the duly filled and signed Loan Application Form [This is mandatory]
- Upon submission of the HELB Student loan application form, there will be progressive notifications on receipt, verification of the application, award and disbursements of upkeep and tuition loans, and where applicable, bursary.
- Ensure that you read, understand, and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme.
- This Loan Application process is FREE.
HELB Application Deadline
The closing date for the HELB loan application is Tuesday, November 30, 2022
For any queries or further assistance:
- Tel: +254711052000
- HELB Website URL: www.helb.co.ke
- Email: [email protected]