Explore www.students.kuccps.net the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Services known as KUCCPS Student Portal. Here, applicants apply for admission, check KUCCPS placement status results, download admission letters as well as discover a list of courses offered at various institutions in Kenya.
About KUCCPS Student Portal Applications
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Services known as KUCCPS Student Portal is an online admission system designed for Kenyan citizens to login with their credentials and apply for admission. All Applications for Placement to Universities, TVET, and Teacher’s Training Colleges are accepted via the KUCCPS Students Net Portal.
Applicants can find the KUCCPS list of programmes/courses offered by various Universities, TVET, and Teachers’ Training Colleges in Kenya. In selecting your programmes of choice, all the institutions that offer the programme will be listed at the bottom of the page along with previous years’ cut-off points.
The applicant’s weighted cluster points for the 20 clusters (for Degree-qualified applicants only). The PDF with all the clusters can be found under ‘Downloads’.
For a candidate to be eligible to apply for a placement, the following conditions will apply:
- A Kenyan Citizen is governed by Chapter Three of the Constitution of Kenya and the Kenya Citizenship Act Cap 170.
- Sponsorship will be eligible to all applicants provided that the KCSE Candidates of the year preceding the selection and those who have never benefited before are given priority.
- The minimum admission requirement to apply for degree programmes will be C+.
- The minimum admission requirement to apply for a diploma will be C-.
- The minimum admission requirement to apply for a craft certificate will be D.
- The minimum admission requirement to apply for an Artisan certificate will be E.
- Applications shall be subjected to minimum subject requirements from regulators and training institutions where applicable.
How to Access KUCCPS Student Portal
To Get Started with an Application for Placement to Universities, TVET and Teacher’s Training Colleges Follow the steps below to apply online.
- Explore the KUCCPS Website via: www.kuccps.net OR www.kuccps.ac.ke
- Navigate to Student’s Portal
- Tap on the Login Button
- Enter your KCSE Index Number, Year of KCSE, and Your Password (KCPE Index or Birth Certificate Number) as provided by your teacher in secondary school
- Tap on Login
NB: Use Your Birth Certificate No. / KCPE Index No (as used in KCSE Exam Registration) as your Initial Password
How to Apply
Here is how to get started with the KUCCPS Online Application. Follow the step-by-step guide below;
- Access KUCCPS Portal Dashboard
- Enter your KCSE Index Number, KCSE Year and Password. (Your password is your KCPE index number OR your birth certificate number.)
- Tap on “Application/Revision” on the tab titled
- Read and understand the application instructions
- Tap on “APPLY NOW” to proceed
NB: The applicant will see have access to a form (or two) for the level of programmes they qualify for:
- Enter the 7-character programme codes for the programmes that the applicant prefers.
TIP: Placement processing follows the applicant’s list procedurally, so order them by order of preference i.e. most preferred as 1a and least preferred as 4.
- Submit the application for consideration.
- Make a payment through Mpesa with the details provided at this step.
KUCCPS Cut Off Points
The KUCCPS Cut-off points for any year are the weighted cluster points for the last competitively placed applicant.
- The cut-off points are not predetermined and will not be available while applications are ongoing.
- Cut-off points vary by programme, institution and application year.
- Previous years’ cut-off points are provided to guide applicants during the application process.
How to Select KUCCPS Programmes of Choice
The applicant will be expected to make applications by submitting their preferred choices where a valid choice will constitute a programme code, programme name and the institution name.
- Applicants with an overall grade of C+ and above will be allowed to make a maximum of 6 choices for degree programmes where 1(a), 1(b) and 1(c) must be similar programmes and 4 for diploma programmes.
- Applicants with an overall grade of C- and above, will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for diploma and 4 for craft certificate programmes.
- Applicants with an overall grade of D and above will be allowed to make a maximum of 8 choices; 4 for craft certificates and 4 for artisan certificate programmes.
- Applicants with an overall grade of D- (Minus and below), will be allowed to make a maximum of 4 choices from artisan certificate programmes.
- An applicant may choose any programmes for which they qualify provided that no choice is repeated.
020 5137400 | [email protected] |