Explore the GESOPS Portal and Find out all you need to know about Ghana Education Service Occupational Pension Scheme sensitization and membership registration.
Overview of GES Occupational Pension Scheme (GESOPS)
- A retiree contributor will benefit from Tier 2 as his/her Lump Sum and SSNIT which is mandated for the payment of monthly pension salary.
- Contributors who were in the Service before 2016 should note that on retirement, they have Past Credit (a sizeable Lump Sum to be collected from SSNIT) in addition to their Tier 2 Lump Sum. This is a result of accumulated funds in a suspended account between 2010 and 2016 before the funds were released to the various Fund Managers.
Contributors who were appointed in 2016 and beyond are not entitled to any Past Credit from SSNIT when they retire.
- Contributors “who have been born and reborn” (have different Dates of Birth at GES and SSNIT) whether deliberately or unintentionally, have created serious problems for themselves.
- Those who have the same dates as mentioned above, but have a different date of birth on their National ID (Ghana) Card, have problems similar to those mentioned above. This is because of any different Date of Birth, the system will recognize you as a different person; and as such, your accumulated contribution will be suspended in that account searching for its rightful owner who has metamorphosed with your date of birth.
- With a different Date of Birth on your Ghana Card which might be accidental, you cannot claim your benefits after retirement.
- Contributors who have problems as mentioned above should correct all those anomalies in time before pension so that all the date’s commensurate (tally) for easy claiming of benefits.
- Periodically, contributors are urged to update their beneficiaries to effect the necessary changes.
- Tier 2 became operational without contributors being made to input any beneficiary as it pertains to SSNIT. This means many contributors below the age of 60, have died in the last two years; and their Tier 2 Lump Sum was not claimed by any beneficiary due to that lapse.
- Various Immediate Supervisors who have attended their GESOPS Training, after In-Service Training for their subordinates, are to provide photocopies of the Contributor Enrolment Form to them to fill.
- After filling the form, it should be endorsed and stamped by the Immediate Supervisors after which it should be scanned and uploaded onto the GESOPS Portal via GESPensions for imputing information into the system.
- Without either the endorsement or stamp of your Immediate Supervisor (Headteacher/master/mistress, SISOs, HoDs, Managers,), your uploaded Contributor Enrolment Form will be rejected by the system.
- Your SSNIT beneficiaries are not necessarily the same ones to use for your Tier 2. You can make, omissions, and insertions, maintain them all, or overhaul them.
- If the number of your beneficiaries exceeds FIVE (5), request for an additional Form.
- There is NO limitation to the number of beneficiaries. However, ensure that your allocation of benefits sums up to 100%.
- If all the beneficiaries are minors, ensure that you include one adult (probably the mother/father of the children) who can make claims in your “catastrophic absence” through a Letter of Consent.
- Without any adult among the beneficiaries, in case of any misfortune (death of contributor), your Tier 2 Lump Sum will be withheld in your account till any of the minor beneficiaries attain the age of eighteen (18).
- Ensure that you input the correct date (s) of Birth of your beneficiaries that correspond to those on their Birth Certificates, or the same dates used on the Form above will be used in the processing of the “ID (Ghana Card). Otherwise, they cannot make claims.
- Tier 3, which is voluntary by the contributor, shouldn’t exceed 16% of the contributor’s basic salary.
How to Register on the GESOPS Member Portal
- Visit GESOPS Portal via www.gespensions.com.gh
- Create One to register for the GESOPS Portal
- Enter Staff ID and SSNIT Number
- Verification information provided
- Enter Email Address and Create Password
- Enter Staff ID and Password
After completing the above, you can:
- View your Statement
- view your beneficiaries
- Upload Claims
- Make Date of Birth corrections
- Reset your Password (forgot)
For further explanations, contact GESOPS through their contacts given above
E-mail: [email protected]
Location: Right-Wing First Floor SSNIT Emporium Airport City, Accra.