Ghana Card is a secure and multi-purpose card issued by the National Identification Authority- NIA that captured the real biometric identity of its holders. Also, the NIA Ghana card will help create one national ID database for Ghanaian.
Therefore, you can link all National ID Card onto the Ghana card such as Social Security And National Insurance Trust – SSNIT, GRA – TIN Number, NHIS among others for verification and authentication of electronic and physical transactions to be conducted in the public and private services space.
Who can register for the Ghana Card?
Every Ghanaian Citizen living within the country and abroad has the right to be in the National Identification System and citizens from age zero(0) are entitled to be issued with a national ID card, as required by the law, to provide added convenience and ease when conducting with public sector institutions, civil society organizations and private sector businesses.
Browse and Log In Here to find link to any Government of Ghana Official website.
- All Ghanaians (living at home and abroad)
- All persons that hold Ghanaian citizenship in addition to citizenship of any other foreign country (dual citizen)
- Registration covers all persons aged 0 years and above
Ghana Card Registration Requirements
Information needed during the mass registration include:
- Personal Information
- An applicant has to appear in person
- Original copy of the Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Or a valid Ghanaian Passport of the applicant
- Digital Address of the applicant
- Original copy of Naturalization Certificate
- Information about Parents
Their names, Address dates and places of birth, etc.
The fingerprints, iris, and photograph would be taken and any other personal details that may be required
- Parental, spousal, and next of kin information
- Name of a spouse. Full name of the father. Father’s hometown/district/region
- Father’s nationality. Full name of the mother. Mother’s maiden name
- Mother’s nationality. Mother’s hometown/district/region. Next of Kin
- Address of next of Kin. Supplementary Spousal List for those with more than one spouse.
- Primary Verification Documents
Individuals would be required to present any of the verification documents (i.e. Birth certificate, certificate of acquired citizenship, or valid passport) to help validate the information provided.
Applicants with documents or I.D Cards of the following institutions must bring them along for harmonization of data with NIA – DVLA (LICENCE), NHIS, TAX (TIN), PASSPORT, EC (VOTER CARD).
Do you want to work at NIA? Apply here and write NIA Online Recruitment Portal Entrance Examination
NIA Ghana Card Registration
Key Registration Steps involves three main steps:
A Registration Official will fill in your personal information on an application form
You will then hand over your form to a Mobile Registration workstation Operator who will enter your details into the computer.
Your Photograph will be taken using a digital camera attached to the Mobile Registration workstation and your signature will be taken using an electronic signature pad.
After these steps, you will be issued an ID Card Collection Slip/Receipt. You need this to collect your card when it is ready. This has to be kept well and protected.
Other Information Required for Registration
The following information would also be required from those who have them;
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- SSNIT registration number
NIA Ghana Card Online Registration
- Log In here to create a new application (If already have application ID Tap here)
- Your Registration number will be generated
- Enter Password and repeat the Same Password
- Save your Registration ID and Password (this will be required to log in at a later date)
- Tap on Start Registration
How to Link all National ID onto the Ghana Card
Follow these steps to link: