Table of Contents
Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) Second and Subsequent/Continuing Loan Applications
Afya Elimu Fund targets needy students training in middle-level medical training colleges (MTCs) that are public such as the Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) and other, Faith Based Organizations [FBO’s], private MTCs and other Institutions offering Diplomas and Certificates in medical courses.
Who is Eligible for Afya Elimu Fund
Applicants must be continuing beneficiaries of the Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) studying in middle-level medical training colleges in Kenya.
How to Apply for Afya Elimu Fund
Follow these comprehensive step-by-step guides on how both subsequent/continuing can apply for Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) loan application through Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Note that there has been an upgrade on the HELB App, therefore ensure to upgrade your App.
- Register using your phone number to generate a PIN which you will use as your login credentials
Ensure the mobile number is registered under your name. Note that mobile numbers not registered in the student’s name will not be able to proceed with the application.
- Read, understand, and tick to accept the license agreement.
- Enter your first name as it appears on your national ID card, the ID number, and a valid email address to complete registration.
- Tap on the “Loans” tab
- Choose Category as Certificate/ Diploma
- Tap “apply” on the AEF second and subsequent loan
- Read and understand the process tutorial and proceed to read the financial literacy guide.
- Tap on Get Started to start the application process
- Enter your phone number which should be registered in your name and national ID number to verify that you are the owner of that number.
- Read and understand the loan terms and conditions and agree to proceed
Answer the financial literacy questions and scroll down to view the results
- Tap to “proceed”
- Select your preferred loan payment option
- Tap request loan to view and verify your loan details
- Tap “submit” to complete the loan application
A pop-up message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial number will also be displayed.
- At later dates, you will receive other notifications on awards and disbursements of tuition loans and where applicable, bursaries.
Government Loans, Scholarships, and Bursaries in Kenya
You can apply for government scholarships, loans, and bursaries through any of the following websites:
- Higher Education Fund – HEF Portal to apply for scholarships and loans.
- Access the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) to apply for education loans as an Undergraduate student. Returning students apply for HELB subsequent loans.
- Discover Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service, KUCCPS Student Portal on available scholarships and bursaries. Find out the latest KUCCPS application and revision of courses.
- Explore the Universities Fund, UF to check out Universities Fund for more scholarship and bursary options.
This application is paperless. You are not required to print any form. A confirmation SMS with a loan application serial number is evidence that you have applied.
Kindly save the SMS for future reference.
HELB does not charge any fee to access the loan application or report any form of extortion to authorities.
Contact HELB for any further assistance
Anniversary Towers University Way
HELB Code: USSD *642#
Email: [email protected]