Explore Walter Sisulu University – WSU online application portal via ie.wsu.ac.za. Admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for both South African and international students should Apply Online.
Walter Sisulu University – WSU Online Application & Admission
Walter Sisulu University (WSU) accepts online applications only. It is a free service with no fee payment required. It is very important to determine first what you want to study before you start the online application process.
The other most important thing you should know is whether you meet the admission minimum requirements for the programme choices.
The endorsement for the certificate and the achievement levels for the specific subject stated as a requirement must be met. Download the WSU prospectus.
To save your money and time make sure you have the following information ready:
- Personal details
- Address of next of kin
- Address of the person responsible for the account
- Email addresses are compulsory
- All documents must be saved as soft copies for uploading.
How to Apply
Start your application process by answering the questions below, and continue with the steps until the system generates a student number.
Follow these steps to complete Online Application to the Walter Sisulu University (WSU). Apply as a New Undergraduate Applicant.
- Login WSU Application Portal
- Do you already have a student number? Select No | If Yes Apply Here
- Returning to complete application: Select No
- Do you have a Qualification Specific Token? No
- Read the Application Rules and tick I Accept
- Fill in your biographical details (i.e. Nationality, Personal info, street address, contact, residence, disability info)
- Enter Account details, Next of kin details
- Academic details
- Select programme of choice
- Create your 5-digit PIN (Should NOT start/end with Zero and Must NOT include repeated numbers)
- Print a copy of the application for your records before you submit it online
- Upload of document
- The student number is generated
NB: Applicants are required to keep the student number and 5-digit PIN to enable them to retrieve their admission letter or to check admission status.
WSU Returning Students Application
Returning OR Internal applicants with UL Student ID login here to reapply online. These steps are for applicants who have applied for admission at WSU and acquired WSU Student Number.
- Visit WSU Portal
- Login with Student Number and PIN
- Click on Application and view application rules
- Enter school leaving subjects
- Click to select a disability status (if applicable)
- Enter previous qualifications
- Enter schools attended
- Sign in with your voucher details (Serial Number and PIN)
- Submit application
- View completed application(s) and upload additional documents
- View process status (Summary of all stages completed)
Documents Required for Application
The University considers various post-matric certificates for admission purposes.
- The following certificates are accepted:
- The “Old Senior” certificate
- The National Senior Certificate “NSC”
- National Certificate Vocational “NCV”
- N6 certificate
- Current grade 12 learners must upload Grade 11 final results and first quarter or mid-year results if available.
- Post-matric candidates must upload a matric or equivalent certificate, academic record, copy of ID, or passport.
- Some departments may consider mature age exemption for admission for some programmes. For more information, you may enquire from the Admissions Office at [email protected]
Students who are from another tertiary institution may apply and submit the following documents:
- Matric Certificate
- Post-Matric Certificate
- Identity Document
- Official Academic Report
- Conduct Certificate.
You will need to first apply to Universities South Africa (Usaf) for evaluation of school results or other degree/diploma certificates.
When you receive the results from Usaf you may commence with the application process and upload the results and a copy of your passport.
Walter Sisulu University
- WSU Website URL: https://wsu.ac.za/
For further information,
Visit CCIP offices at (email) [email protected]
Nelson Mandela Drive, Mthatha, Eastern Cape, South Africa
+27 47 502 2844
+27 47 502 2211
Email: [email protected]