The South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute (SACAI) has designed an online portal for parents of National Senior Certificate (NSC) candidates to get access to information, view, check results as well as download timetables (PDF).
Besides, candidates who wished to request replacement or combined their certificates can download the application forms online via the SACAI Candidate Portal.
How Do I Get My Matric Results?
There are five ways that you can use to get your results. Here is what you can do:
- School or exam centre
- News publications
How to Check Matric Results Online
The online method is more convenient because you can do it at any time through your smartphone. Let’s get started:
Here is how you can check Matric results:
- Visit the Department of Basic Education website
- Navigate to Quick Links
- Tap on Examination Results
- Select National Senior Certificate (NSC) Exams Results
- Enter your Examination Number
- Tap on the search button
- Your results will be displayed
- Print and download your results
School Or Exam Centre
You can get your results from the school or examination centre where you wrote your exams. You will be stated your results
How to Check Matric Results Online via SMS
As a student, you can also retrieve your Matric results by sending an SMS (your exam number) to 45856. Once your exam number is verified by the system, your results will be displayed. You will pay for the SMS.
Get Matric Results by Dialing Short code
Here is what you do:
- Open a Message Chart on your phone
- Dial the USSD code *120*45856#
- Enter your Exam Number
- The results will then be sent to your phone once they are available
- You will be charged for the USSD
Applicants should also obtain their results from online news publications. Here are some of the publications that publish Matric results: News24 and Sowetan.