Discover the Department of Basic Education Website via www.education.gov.za and check your matric results online. Learn easy ways to access your matric results online, by phone, in person, by short code, on IEB website or by news24. Here’s our step-by-step guide for candidates on how to view, check and download (PDF) Matric results.
The South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute (SACAI) has designed an online portal for parents of National Senior Certificate (NSC) candidates to get access to information, view, check matric results and certificates as well as download timetables (PDF).
Besides, candidates who wished to request replacement or combined their certificates can download the application forms online via the SACAI Portal.
Easy Ways to Get Your Matric Results
There are many ways that you can use to get your Matric results. Here is what you can do:
- School or exam centre
- News publications
How to Check Matric Results Online via www.education.gov.za
The online method is more convenient because you can do it at any time through your smartphone. Here is how you can check your Matric results online via www.education.gov.za.
Here is how to get started:
- Visit the Department of Basic Education Website
- Navigate to Quick Links
- Tap on Examination Results
- Select National Senior Certificate (NSC) Exams Results
- Enter your Examination Number
- Tap on the Search button
- Your matric results will be displayed
- Print and download your results
Check Matric Result on IEB Website
Here’s how to access your matric results via Independent Examinations Board (IEB) Website.
- Go to the IEB Matric Results Online Portal
- Enter your Exam Number and Date of Birth in the required field
- Tap on the “Submit” button
NB: Only candidates who have written IEB examinations are granted access to retrieve their results on this website.
School Or Exam Centre
- You can get your results from the school or examination centre where you wrote your exams. You will be stated your results
How to Check Matric Results Online via SMS
- As a student, you can also retrieve your Matric results by SMSing your exam number to (Short code) 35658. Once your exam number is verified by the system, your results will be displayed. SMS T & Cs apply.
Search Matric Results on News24 Portal
News24 uses Department of Basic Education (DBE) and Independent Examinations Board (IEB) data to provide learners with their matric results.
Students can access their results by entering their school name or examination number on the publisher’s matric portal. The portal also provides context on matric pass rates over the last five years.
- Go to the News24 Matric Results Portal
- Enter your Matric Examination Number in the required field
- Select your exam type, either NSC or IEB.
- Click on the ‘Search‘ button to access your Matric Results
Note: You may also search NSC Results by province on the News24 website. Applicants should also download their matric results from online news publications. Here are some of the publications that publish Matric results on News24, enews, and Sowetan.
Get Matric Results by Dialing Shortcode
Here is what to do:
- Open a Message Chart on your phone
- Dial the USSD (Short code) *120*35658#
- Enter your Exam Number
- Results will then be sent to your phone once they are available
- You will be charged for the USSD