Access and download the Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) Grade 7 Composite Examination Timetable (PDF) and check exam dates, times, and sessions.
Supervisors are required to take all necessary steps to ensure that the following instructions are brought to the notice of the candidates under examination. Teachers are advised to take care that their pupils are carefully drilled to carry out these directions.
Table of Contents
ECZ Instructions to Candidates
- Be seated in the Examination Room five minutes before the start of the Examination.
- No talking is allowed once you are in the Examination Room.
- If an Examination paper for which you are not entered is handed to you, or if an examination question paper that is not being written in that session is given to you, inform the Supervisor immediately.
- Attend carefully to any general instructions that may be given at the head of a question paper (e.g., use of an HB pencil only).
- Do not fold your Answer Sheets at any time.
- Do not copy the question.
- Read each question very carefully.
- Do not spend too much time answering one question so as to leave yourself no time to answer others which you are able to answer.
- As soon as notice is given to stop writing, make sure you hand in the Answer Sheet.
- A candidate who arrives after 30 minutes from the starting time of an examination will not be allowed to enter the Examination Room. Absolute punctuality is essential for all the papers. Candidates are not allowed to leave the Examination Room half an hour before the end of the period allotted to the paper except by special permission of the Supervisor.
- Candidates with Special Educational Needs (SEN) are eligible for 25 percent extra writing time.
Cautions to candidates and teachers before the commencement of the examination
- The Head of School/Centre shall announce to the candidates at an assembly that examinations are about to start and caution them not to involve themselves in examination malpractices such as smuggling of unauthorized materials like exercise books, notes, textbooks, cellular phones, etc. into the examination room or to allow somebody else writing an examination on their behalf.
- Where a candidate will be involved in examination malpractice, the results of such a candidate will be nullified.
- All articles such as exercise books, notes, textbooks, cellular phones, etc. should not be allowed in the examination room.
- Where a teacher or some other person writes an examination on behalf of a candidate, the results of such a candidate will be nullified. The teacher will face criminal prosecution as well as disciplinary action. Any other person who may not be a Ministry of Education official will be reported to the police for criminal prosecution.
- Teachers in examination classes should also actively sensitize candidates against examination malpractices and the ensuing penalties which include nullification of all results and being barred from writing examinations conducted by the Examinations Council of Zambia.
- Disorderly conduct or causing disturbances in or near the Examination Room shall be treated as misconduct leading to disqualification and nullification of results in all the subjects.
- Use of vulgar Language in or near the Examination Room or on the scripts will be treated as misconduct leading to disqualification and nullification of results in all the subjects.
ECZ Grade 7 Composite Examination Timetable 2023
The ECZ Grade 7 composite examination will be written on the dates & times shown in the timetable below and will be conducted in accordance with the revised guidelines for the administration and management of examinations in Zambia.
|Date||Subject||First Session||Subject||Second Session|
|Friday, October 27, 2023||Guidelines to candidates and invigilators|
|Monday, October 30, 2023||1/1 – English Language||08:00 – 09:30|
(1 Hour 30 Minutes)
|4/1 – Integrated Science||10:30 – 11:30|
|Tuesday, October 31, 2023||3/1 – Mathematics||6/1 – Special Paper 1||10:30 – 11:30|
|Wednesday, November 1, 2023||2/1 – Social Studies||08:00 – 09:15|
(1 Hour 13 Minutes
|7/1 Special Paper 2||10:30 – 11:30|
|Thursday, November 2, 2023||8/1 – Creative and Technology Studies||08:00 – 09:15|
(1 Hour 13 Minutes
|Zambia Languages||10:30 – 11:30|
|5/1 – CINYANJA|
|5/2 – ICIBEMA|
|5/3 – SILOZI|
|5/4 – CHITONGA|
|5/5 – LUVALE|
|5/6 – LUNDA|
|5/6 – KIIKAONDE|
Please note that:
- The first session begins at 08:00 Hours,
- The second session begins at 10:30 Hours,
- Candidates with Special Educational Needs (SEN) are eligible for 25% extra writing time.