Learn how to apply for the latest South African (SA) Army Recruitment and download the application form (PDF) online and fill in your details. The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is calling on interested candidates who wish to join the defence force to send in their applications.
Table of Contents
South African Army Recruitment
The South African Army, through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contract. The Recruits will receive military training and further functional training in their first year of service. During the second year of service, depending on the duration of the functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and allowed to apply their knowledge and develop their skills.
SA Army General Requirements
Here are the South African citizen who is eligible to join the South African National Defence Force
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship).
- 18-22 years of age (Gr 12).
- 18-26 (3 years Tertiary Qualification) when reporting.
- Completed Grade 12 (Level 4 – Mathematics and Science will be advantageous).
- Admission Point Score (APS) Score of 17 and above excl Life Orientation (LO).
- Have no criminal record or pending cases.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment.
- No Visible tattoos (Legs, Lower Arm, Neck, and Face). Physical Fitness Test will be conducted during selections.
Candidates applying for Music must have completed Grade 12 (18 to 22 years) and a tertiary qualification (18 to 26 years) and completed at least Grade 6 practical Music Qualification. Furthermore, they must be able to play an approved musical instrument and be able to read music fluently.
- Minimum height Females 148cm,
- Males 155cm
- Minimum weight Females 48kg,
- Males 52kg (Within average height/weight ratio).
Applicants will be subjected to drug testing, fitness, Psychometric and medical evaluation, verification of Criminal record, prescreening, and verification of Qualifications.
How to Apply
Follow the procedures to apply and join the South African Army (SA Army)
- Download the SA Army Recruitment Application Form
- Fill in your Biological details
- First and Surname
- Birth Country
- ID Number
- Cell Number
- Residential Address
- Postal Code
- Select Province, gender and race (for statistical purposes, please select one) (tick your province)
- Eastern Cape
- Free State
- Northern Cape
- Western Cape
- North West
- KwaZulu Natal (KZN)
- Gender: (tick your gender)
- Race: (tick your race)
- Tertiary Qualifications (tick your qualification)
- 3 Year Diploma
- Attach your CV and Copies of your ID, Matric Certificate (only statement of results for 2022 will be accepted) and Tertiary Qualifications.
Hand delivers your application to the nearest recruitment center or via post at:
SA Army Recruitment Postal Address:
SA Army HQ, Chief Directorate Army Corporate Services Directorate Army Human Resources, Recruitment Section
Private Bag X981
Tel: 012 355 1438/2130