Learn how to apply for the latest South African (SA) Navy Recruitment and download the application form (PDF) online and fill in your details. The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is calling on interested candidates who wish to join the defence force to send in their applications.
South African Navy (SAN) Recruitment 2023/2024
The South African Navy (SAN), through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contract. The Recruits will receive military training and further functional training in their first year of service. During year of service, depending on the duration of the functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and given opportunity to apply their knowledge and develop their skills.
SA Navy General Requirements
Here are the South African citizen who are eligible to join the South African National Defence Force
- South African Citizen (No dual citizenship).
- 18 – 22 years of age (Gr 12).
- 18 – 26 (3 years Tertiary Qualification) when reporting
- Have no criminal record or pending cases.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment.
- Do not suffer from claustrophobia or a fear of heights.
- No Visible tattoos (Legs, Lower Arm, Neck and Face).
- Physical Fitness Test will be conducted during selections.
Applicants will be subjected to drug testing, fitness, Psychometric and medical evaluation, verification of Criminal record, prescreening and verification of Qualifications.
Career Vacancies at South Africa Navy
Select one of the following:
- Combat Required
Admission Point Score (APS) of 24 and above, Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 for both subjects (NO Mathematical Literacy). excl LO.
- Technical Engineering Required
Admission Point Score (APS) of 24 and above, Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 for both subjects, excl LO. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering with N6 and Trade Test (Transcripts of N4 and N5 must be attached)
Support Required: Admission Point Score (APS) of 24 and above, excI LO.
Select one of the following:
- Human Resource Management
- Combat Marine
- Maritime Information Technology ONLY Gr 12 with IT Computer Application Technology or A+, N+ or equivalent (NOT IT Graduates)
- Musician (Grade 6 practical and above)
- Defence Intelligence
- Military Police
Required: Admission Point Score (APS) of 20 and above, excluding LO.
- Divers: Mathematics with at least Level 3 (NO Mathematical Literacy).
- Protection Forces (Attach Security certificate) (NO Mathematics required)
- Catering (Attach Catering or Hospitality certificate)
Submariners Required: Admission Point Score (APS) of 24 and above, excl LO, Mathematics and Physical Science with at least Level 4 (NO Mathematical Literacy).
How to Apply
Follow the procedures to apply and join the South African Navy (SAN)
- Download the SA Navy Recruitment Application Form
- Fill in your Biological details
- Select your province, gender and race
- Tick your Tertiary Qualification
- Attach your CV and Copies of your ID, Matric Certificate (only statement of results for 2022 will be accepted) and Tertiary Qualifications.
Hand deliver your application to the nearest recruitment centre or via post at the:
SA Navy Recruitment Postal Address:
SA Navy Recruitment Centre – Department of Defence
Private Bag X104
Related Enquiries: Tel: 012 339 4421/4252/4256
Other Recruitment Forms
SA Military Health Service Application Form
Transnet Career Vacancies Portal
SA Army Recruitment Application Form
SA Air Force Recruitment Application Form