Learn how to apply for the latest South African (SA) Air Force Recruitment and download the application form (PDF) online and fill in your details. The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is calling on interested candidates who wish to join the defence force to send in their applications.
South African Air Force Recruitment
The South African Air Force, through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contract. The Recruits will receive military training and further functional training in their first year of service. During the second year of service, depending on the duration of the functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and allowed to apply their knowledge and develop their skills.
SA Air Force General Requirements:
Here are the South African citizen who is eligible to join the South African National Defence Force
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship).
- 18-22 years of age (Gr 12).
- 18-26 (3 years Tertiary Qualification) when reporting.
- Admission Point Score (APS) of 17, excl Life Orientation (LO).
- Have no criminal record or pending cases.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment.
- No Visible tattoos (Legs, Lower Arm, Neck and Face).
- Physical Fitness Test will be conducted during selections.
Applicants will be subjected to drug testing, fitness, Psychometric and medical evaluation, verification of
Criminal record, prescreening and verification of Qualifications.
Career Vacancies at the South African Air Force
Select one of the following careers in Support Careers:
- Communications and Flight Operations Management (Mathematics essential Level 4)
- Fire Fighter (Mathematics and Physical Science essential Level 3)
- Human Resources Clerk (Gr 12)
- Hospitality Services (Gr 12)
- Material Support Clerk (Admin, Supply) (Gr 12)
- Material Support Clerk (Technical) (Mathematics essential)
- Protection Services (Physical Training Instructor, VIP Protection, Entrance Controllers and Dog Handlers (Gr 12)
- Intelligence (Gr 12 with Mathematics, Physical Science and Geography – Level 3)
- Defence Intelligence (Gr 12 with Mathematics, Physical Science, Geography and History – Level 4)
- Military Police (Gr 12).
How to Apply
Follow the procedures to complete the application form to join the South African Air Force (SA Air Force)
- Download the SA Air Force Recruitment Application Form
- Fill in your Biological details
- First and Surname
- Birth Country
- ID Number
- Cell Number
- Residential Address
- Postal Code
- Select Province, gender and race (for statistical purposes, please select one) (tick your province)
- Eastern Cape
- Free State
- Northern Cape
- Western Cape
- North West
- KwaZulu Natal (KZN)
- Gender: (tick your gender)
- Race: (tick your race)
- Tertiary Qualifications (tick your qualification)
- 3 Year Diploma
- Attach your CV and Copies of your ID, Matric Certificate (only statement of results for 2022 will be accepted) and Tertiary Qualifications.
Hand deliver your application to the nearest recruitment centre or via post at the
SA Air Force postal address:
Air Force Base Swartkop (West) – Recruitment Section
Private Bag X05
Valhalla, Pretoria, 0001
Recruitment Deadline and Schedules
If you have not been contacted by 31 December 2023, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful
- MSDS application closing date: February 28, 2023
This application form is NOT FOR SALE
- Related Enquiries: Tel: 012 351 4126/4173/4157
- Website: www.af.mil.za
Other Recruitment Forms
South African (SA) Navy Recruitment Application Form
Transnet Career Vacancies Portal
SA Military Health Service Application Form
SA Army Recruitment Application Form