Learn how to apply for the latest South African Military Health Service (SAMHS) Recruitment and download the application form (PDF) online and fill in your details. The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) is calling on interested candidates who wish to join the defence force to send in their applications.
South African Military Health Service (SAMHS) Recruitment
The South African Military Health Service (SAMHS), through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS), is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contract. The Recruits will receive military training and further functional training in their first year of service. During the second year of service, depending on the duration of the functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and allowed to apply their knowledge and develop their skills.
SAMHS General Requirements
Here are the South African citizen who is eligible to join the South African National Defence Force
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship).
- 18-22 years of age (Gr 12).
- 18-26 (3 years Tertiary Qualification) when reporting.
- Admission Point Score (APS) Score of 24 and above, excluding
- Life Orientation (LO). Have no criminal record or pending cases.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment.
- No Visible tattoos (Legs, Lower Arm, Neck and Face).
- Physical Fitness Test will be conducted during selections.
Applicants will be subjected to drug testing, fitness, Psychometric and medical evaluation, verification of Criminal record, prescreening and verification of Qualifications.
Career Vacancies at the South African Military Health Service
Select one of the following fields of interest:
- Patient Administration.
- Medical Support
- Dog Handler.
- Counter Intelligence (Gr 12 with ALL the following Subjects: English Level 4, 2nd Language Level 4, Mathematics/Literacy (Lit) Level 3, Life Science Level 3 and Geography/Physical Science Level 3).
- Corporate Communication (Gr 12 plus a Degree in Communication/Diploma in Public Relations and Journalism).
- Human Resource (Gr 12 plus Bachelor’s Degree in Organisational Study).
- Chemical Biological Radiation Defence (Gr 12 with ALL Subjects on Level 5: English, Mathematics [NO Maths Lit], Life Science and Physical Science).
- Environmental Health (Gr 12 with All the following Subjects: Mathematics [NO Maths Lit] Level 5, Physical Science (Level 5) and Life Science Level 4).
- Musician (Gr 12 plus a Music Practical Gr 6 or higher Certificate from a recognised institution (eg UNISA, TRINITY, ROYAL SCHOOLS]).
- Dental Assistant (Dental Assistance Certificate or Gr 12 with Mathematics Level 4/ Lit Level 3). Nursing Diploma (Gr 12 with ALL Subjects on Level 4: English, Life Science and Mathematics/Literacy).
- Auxiliary Nursing (Gr 12 with ALL Subjects on Level 3: English, Life Science and Mathematics/ Literacy).
- Emergency Care Assistant (Gr 12 with ALL Subjects: English Level 5, Mathematics Level 3 [NO Maths Lit], Physical Science Level 4 and Life Science Level 3).
How to Apply
Follow the procedures to apply and join the South African Military Health Service (SAMHS)
- Download the SA Military Health Service Recruitment Application Form
- Fill in your Biological details
- Select your province, gender and race
- Tick your Tertiary Qualification
- Attach your CV and Copies of your ID, Matric Certificate (only statement of results for 2022 will be accepted) and Tertiary Qualifications.
Hand deliver your application to the nearest recruitment centre or via post at the:
SAMHS Postal Address:
SAMHS Recruitment Office Department of Defence
Private Bag X102 Centurion,
Tel: 012 671 5053/5199/5168/5002
Other Recruitment Forms
South African (SA) Navy Recruitment Application Form
Transnet Career Vacancies Portal
SA Army Recruitment Application Form
SA Air Force Recruitment Application Form