A candidate who did not get any of the choices selected through Automatic Placement should proceed to the Self-Placement portal.
Table of Contents
What is CSSPS Self Placement?
Self-Placement is a process that allows such candidates to go into the CSSPS portal and select from schools with available vacancies
Features of CSSPS Self-Placement Portal
- Only Schools with available vacancies are displayed on the portal.
- Schools with vacancies will be displayed for candidates to choose from based on their aggregate
- Schools shown have their location and residential options available.
- A candidate can change schools as many times as possible depending on available spaces. The changes CEASE immediately a candidate enrolls in a school.
How to do Self Placement
Here are all the procedures a candidate must follow for self-placement;
- Check how to Login CSSPS Portal
- Remember to login with your BECE Index Number
- The candidate chooses their residential preference i.e Day or Boarding.
- If a candidate selects Boarding, all schools with boarding vacancies will be displayed.
- If a candidate selects Day, there will be a drop-down menu for the candidate to select:
- Day within Catchment Area: OR
- A Day school outside the catchment area
- The Day within catchment area option displays only schools with Day vacancies within 16 km of the JHS the candidate attended.
- A Day outside catchment area displays all schools with day vacancies. Before the ‘Day outside catchment area’ option is effected, the candidate must confirm again if they intend to attend school outside their catchment area as a Day Student
- Programme of choice is selected. After successfully going through this process, the Candidate then prints the placement form and proceeds to the school enrolment.
CSSPS Useful Links
Here is a list of features link useful for the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) results from the checker and portal.
- Join Our Telegram Channel for more updates and guides.
School Placement Contact Details
A call center with toll free number, 0302987654, has been set up to address related concerns from the Public.