The West Africa Examination Council – WAEC Ghana has outlined simple guidelines for 2021 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates, exams coordinators, supervisors and other officials. This was highlighted in the briefing course for supervisors, exams coordinators and other GES officials.
The Supervisory Authorities of BECE are WAEC and Ghana Education Service (GES). Hence, the following guides have been updated to ensure smooth examination exercises.
- The date for the examination remains the same – Monday, November 15, 2021, and ends on Friday, 19th November 19, 2021
- The softcopy of the Timetable has already been circulated.
- Supervisors, GES officials, and Candidates are required to observe all COVID-19 Policy Guidelines at the examination centers.
Two Subjects to be written daily:
- Morning papers 9:00 am.
- Afternoon papers 1:00 pm
Answer booklets containing supplementary and graph sheets are to be used for the following subjects:
- English Language
- Integrated science
- Ghanaian language
- Social studies
- Religious and Moral Education
There is no answer booklet for the following subjects:
- BDT Options
- Candidates are to answer questions in the spaces provided in the question papers
- All candidates offering Pre-Technical Skills are required to write their answers on the drawing sheets.
- Candidates are to be seated 30 minutes before the start of each paper.
- Candidates are to use only index numbers generated for them during registration.
- The use of calculators is not allowed for BECE.
- Candidates are barred from wearing wristwatches in the examination hall/room.
- Candidates are to note that possession of a mobile phone, pieces of paper with notes, blank sheets, and books in the examination hall/room is a punishable offence by the cancellation of results.
- All candidates shall use blue ball pens for the examination.
- Candidates who take papers they have not registered will not be graded.
Request for the following will not be entertained after the release of the results.
- Addition of name
- Arrangement of name
- Change of date of birth
- Remarking of scripts sixty (60) days after the release of the result will not be entertained.
- Those who requested correction after the printing of objective answer sheets and Attendance/Mark sheets should ignore the existing errors since the final results would bear the corrections.
Easy ways to check your WAEC BECE results on mobile phone
How to Check Schools Placement
How to Buy E-Voucher for Schools Placement
WAEC Ghana NOV/DEC Registration
How to check NOVDEC Index Number and Examination Centers
WAEC Ghana Private Candidates Registration Fees and Procedures