The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) students must be registered academically first, before proceeding to register for Residence, through the Online Registration process via the UKZN Student iEnabler.
Table of Contents
About University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Residence Registration
All students are required to have paid the residence deposit.
Students must confirm the bursary, sponsorships, or NSFAS Funding to the UKZN Student Funding Department. This confirmation must be uploaded to the system by Student Funding to obtain financial clearance.
There will be no physical (face-to-face) Residence registration. No student will be allowed on campus to query or register for residence.
UKZN Private Accommodation
- Students with no Residence placement/with pending status for Residence will be referred to Private Accommodation.
- Students who have a disciplinary record and/or have been excluded from Residence will be referred to Private Accommodation.
- Students who have exceeded the maximum number of years in Residence will be referred to Private Accommodation.
- Students can access the approved UKZN Private Accommodation lists on the UKZN Student Central.
UKZN Returning Students Residence Registration
- Returning students must finalize their Residence registration. Students who have not finalized their Residence registration by this timeframe will forfeit their spaces and any remaining spaces will thereafter be reallocated to students on the waiting list.
- The College of Health Sciences Residence registration will follow the College sessional dates.
The provisional placement is done by Residence Administrators for students who applied and meet minimum requirements as stipulated in the Placement Policy. After the provisional placement, students will receive communication and proceed to online Residence registration.
UKZN First Entry Students (FTENS)
- All First Entry Students (FTENS) seeking accommodation, must have applied through the Central Application Office (CAO), and would have had to indicate that they required student accommodation on their CAO application. Here’s how to check your UKZN Application Status.
- The Department of Student Residence Affairs (DSRA) has allocated a certain. Number of reserved FTEN beds in Colleges
- Colleges make residence offers to FTENS based on the number of beds reserved for FTENS that they have available.
- All students with FIRM offers that include Residence/Accommodation will be provisionally placed in residences by Residence Administrators. After provisional placement, students will receive communication regarding their Residence status and can then proceed with online registration.
- Students who are offered Residence placement by the Colleges should accept the residence offer within 5 working days.
- Offers that are not accepted within this timeframe will be forfeited and assigned to FTENs who are on the waiting list.
All other individuals offered an academic placement without a Residence offer will be referred to Private Accommodation. Students can access the approved Private Accommodation lists on the UKZN Student Central.