Applying for National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funding is one of the easiest processes. Not sure how to apply for NSFAS funding? No worries, find here a comprehensive guide on how to complete the online NSFAS application form via the Portal.
How to Apply for NSFAS Funding
Here is a simple step on how to apply. Create a myNSFAS account if you do not have one and apply.
- Create a myNSFAS account
- If you have an existing myNSFAS account, see how to login and complete your information and if you do not have one, follow these steps.
To Complete NSFAS Online Application Form, follow the 5 simple steps
- Log into your myNSFAS account
- Tap on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Answer the questions on the screen
- Upload the required supporting documents
- Tap on ‘SUBMIT”
Congratulations!!! Your application reference number will appear on the screen. The reference number will also be sent to the cellphone number and email address you provided.
Benefits of NSFAS Bursary
Applicants who are approved for NSFAS funding are covered for the following:
- Allowances for:
- Accommodation or transport
- Learning material Personal care
NSFAS Funding Eligibility
You qualify for an NSFAS bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2023 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
- SASSA grant recipients or
- Your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year or
- A person with a disability with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year or
- You are currently studying and are academically eligible
Supporting Document Needed for NSFAS Funding Application
Your application will not be processed without the relevant supporting documents. Ensure you upload the correct supporting documents for us to process your applications.
To apply you will need the following:
- Copy of your ID / Birth certificate
- Copy of your parent/s or guardian/ spouse ID
- If you have a Smart card, both sides of the card required
- Proof of income (where applicable)
- Persons living with disability should complete the Disability Annexure A form PDF, which is available on NSFAS website
- if you are recognized as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development you must provide a completed Vulnerable Child PDF
- Declaration form completed by a social worker
- If you indicated that you don’t have certain family member details and or abridged birth certificate must complete the Declaration PDF: Non-SASSA
The system will generate a list of required documents for upload based on your application
NSFAS Funding Application Deadline 2023
- Applications for 2023 National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funding will close on January 31, 2023.