Discover Nigeria Immigration Service NIS Replacement/Recruitment Applications and Career Portal via www.niscareer.com.ng. Login to learn how to apply online to start a career journey with the Nigeria Immigration Service.
Table of Contents
Job Vacancies at Nigeria Immigration Service
To get started, read and understand Job function requirements to ensure you are qualified. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to submit an NIS online recruitment and application form.
- The Superintendent Cadre are senior ranking officers comprising of Assistant Superintendent of Immigration.
- Applicants that are between the ages of 18-30 years
- Applicants who possess a Bachelor’s Degree or an HND equivalent in any of the following fields of study and an NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
- Assistant Inspectors are Mid-Level officers comprising of Assistant Inspectors of Immigration.
- Applicants who possess ND/NCE obtained from accredited Polytechnics in any of the listed fields of study in the cadre and NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate
- Applicants that are aged 18 – 25years
- The Assistant Cadre are junior ranking officers comprising Immigration Assistants.
- Applicants who possess SSCE/NECO or GCE with credits in not less than 3 subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting and passes in at least two other subjects. OR GCE Ordinary Level with passes in four subjects including English and Mathematics obtained in one sitting or five or more subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings for Immigration Assistant Grade II – COMPASS 04.
- Applicants must possess evidence of full course in Government approved first school leaving certificate or S.75 or JSSC OR relevant Trade Test certificate for Immigration Assistant – CONPASS 03.
General Requirement for Nigeria Immigration Service
To be eligible to apply and join the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), the applicant must meet the following requirements.
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Not be less than 7 meters in height, for males and 1.64 meters for females.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable.
Requirement for Passport photo
Upload your recent passport photograph which must meet the following specifications:
- A JPG, JPEG, or PNG image file.
- Maximum file size of 200KB.
- Must be at least 600 x 600 pixels
- If is a scanned photo, crop the image to show only your head and shoulders before you upload it.
- Your photo must be a clear image of ONLY you (not blurry, grainy, or fuzzy) against a plain background.
- If you wear a head covering daily for religious reasons, adjust it to provide a full-face view.
- Your photo cannot be enhanced in any way (for example, no lenses, filters, text, emoji, stickers, etc.)
- The photo must be a full face-and-shoulders shot, squarely facing the camera.
- You must use a portrait (not landscape) photo that is correctly oriented
- You cannot wear dark glasses.
NIS Application Documents
The following document will be required to complete the Nigeria Immigration Service NIS Replacement/Recruitment Online Application.
- Upload Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age,
- Health certificate,
- Indigene certificate and other documents as they apply to you
Documents must not be more than 200kb and must be in PDF format
How to Apply for Nigeria Immigration Service NIS Replacement/Recruitment
Follow this comprehensive step-by-step guide to apply for the latest Nigeria Immigration Service NIS Replacement/Recruitment Applications.
- Access the NIS Official Replacement Portal
- Select your preferred Cadre:
- Assistant Cadre
- Tap on “Apply for this Job”
- Enter your Email Address and Password to create an account
- Make the payment and complete the registration form by selecting your job function and basic information.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Go to your email and click the verification link sent to you to confirm your account.
- You will be redirected to a login page. Sign in with your email and password to access your dashboard and begin your application
- Input your Biodata
- Upload your Recent Passport photo upload. See specifications.
- Additional information
Select your Physical ability status, input your NYSC certificate number (Superintendent category only) and year of completion in the fields provided, select your preferred mode of identification and input the document number, and input your height and chest measurement in two decimal places.
- Enter your Qualifications
- Employment History [Applicable to Superintendent Cadre only – Optional]
- Upload your Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age, Health certificate, Indigene certificate, and other documents as they apply to you. (NB: Documents must not be more than 200kb and must be in PDF format)
- Review the Summary page and Confirm
- Read the Disclaimer and Confirm the Data
- You cannot edit any information after clicking Confirm data
- Note that you can logout and return at a later time to continue your application.
Congratulations, your application has been submitted successfully. You can wait to check the Shortlisted applicants.
Beware of an internet fraudster.
This is to notify the public that The Nigeria Immigration Service does not have an agent for the online application. Therefore, you are to make the payment for the application fee on this website (www.niscareer.com.ng) and you will get a confirmation of approval for your application if successful. Kindly report such acts through the phone numbers on our website or email.
Nigeria Immigration reserves the right to prosecute any individual or group found to have fraudulently gained access to this site or the information contained in it. Applicants are therefore advised to pay directly through this portal.
Other Recruitment in Nigeria
- Nigerian Army Recruitment List of Shortlisted Candidates
- NDLEA Online Screening Aptitude Test
- NDLEA Recruitment Portal
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- Nigerian Army Recruitment
- NIS CDCFIB Career Portal
- FRSC Recruitment Portal
- NIS Career Recruitment Portal
- NIS Recruitment Portal
- NDLEA Recruitment Portal
- ICPC Recruitment