Discover the National Health Insurance Fund Portal and login to register and apply for Health Social Insurance Services via the NHIF Self Care Portal. Learn how to pay for your NHIF monthly contributions using mobile money through the NHIF mobile App, or USSD short code.
Table of Contents
Requirements for NHIF Registration
Here are the required documents to complete the NHIF online registration process.
- National ID Number
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Phone Number
- Employer’s NHIF Code if Employed
- Nearest NHIF Office
How to Access NHIF Self-Care Services
Explore all NHIF self-care services using one of the channels below;
How to Register for NHIF Account Online
Follow these steps to open a National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) account online.
- Access the NHIF Registration Portal
- Tap on Register
- Enter your National ID Number
- Input your Date of Birth
- Tap on the Submit button
- A one-time PIN (OTP) will be sent to your phone for confirmation
- Enter the PIN to complete the process
NB: After registration, you will receive an NHIF member number by SMS.
How to Make NHIF Payments through Paybill Number 222222
All National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) payments through mobile money platforms shall only be made through the Government Pay bill Number 222222. Use of Pay Bill Number 222222 as the Government’s single payment platform.
Here’s how NHIF Members and Employers are to make NHIF payments using the government of Kenya payment platform.
- Enter Paybill Number 222222 and use the following as Account Numbers:
- Member contribution (NHIFM-ID NUMBER e.g. NHIFM-11223344)
- Member Penalty (NHIFP-ID NUMBER e.g. NHIFP-11223344)
- Employer Contribution (NHIFE-ESlip NUMBER)
- Employer Penalty (NHIFEP-EMPLOYER CODE)
How to Pay for NHIF Contribution via M Pesa
Follow the steps below to pay for your NHIF services and monthly contributions with your M pesa mobile money.
- Use NHIF USSD/Mobile App
- Tap on Payment
- Select the Type of Payment
- Enter the Amount to Pay
- Enter your Mobile Account Number
- Await MPESA PIN Prompt
- Approved Mobile Transaction
How to Select NHIF Hospital Online
You can choose the hospital of choice for Principal Member and Dependants. To select a Hospital under NHIF Supa Cover, follow these steps;
- Login NHIF Web/Mobile App or via USSD
- Tap to Choose Facility
- Select Member/Dependant
- Select County
- Select a Hospital in the selected County
- Submit to Save Choice of Hospital
Do You Know
Members can choose, change, or confirm their existing outpatient hospital every quarter. To change your chosen hospital via the NHIF Portal, follow the steps below to change your chosen hospital for all principal members and dependents.