Discover the Kenya National Examinations Council – KNEC Examiners App Portal and login with credentials to apply for the current training exercise. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to apply for the KNEC examiners training.
About Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) Examiners Training
Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will be conducting training for teachers to prepare them to become assessors for Diploma in Primary Teacher Education (DPTE) and Diploma in Early Childhood Teacher Education (DECTE).
The training exercise will be residential at a fee of kshs. 10,500. The shortlisted applicants will be notified on how to make the payment. The Successful trainees will be incorporated into the KNEC examiners’ database.
They will thereafter be engaged based on the needs using the criteria for recruitment of KNEC examiners. Teachers who are already trained as examiners and are in the KNEC database of examiners need not apply for the training.
KNEC KCPE and KCSE Examiners Application
All the online applications are therefore invited from interested and qualified tutors to train as assessors in the following DPTE and DECTE subject areas:
Primary school teachers to train as KCPE examiners in the following papers:
Secondary school teachers to train as KCSE examiners in the following papers;
History and Government
Christian Religious Education
Islamic Religious Education
Source: KNEC Publication, 2022
General Requirements for all the Trainee Examiners
Here are the Criteria, and requirements for KNEC training as an examiner
- Must be a practicing teacher in the relevant subject areas at the level of examination
- Must be registered and/or employed by the Teachers Service Commission
- Have a minimum qualification of P1 or KCPE examination with a minimum of a C (plain)
- Must have a Diploma in Education and above
- Have a minimum teaching experience of three 3 years
- Must NOT be on interdiction or any other form of disciplinary action from the TSC
- Must be recommended by his/her head of an institution
- Must be 50 years of age and below.
- Applications should reach KNEC on or before this deadline
How to Apply for KNEC Examiners Training
The online application is via https://examinersapp.knec.ac.ke. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Access the Examiners App Portal
- Teachers with CP2 accounts and passwords should access KNEC CP2 Portal using the same login credentials.
- The teachers who have forgotten their CP2 username and passwords should on use this portal to reset password link, enter their mobile number in the format (2547••••••••), and submit to get their username and passwords for logging into the examiners’ system;
- Teachers without CP2 account should Create Account here and then follow the instructions to acquire a username and password to log into the examiners’ system;
- Once you’re successfully login ensure you complete your profile and save it.
- Access the KNEC Examiners App Portal or Create New Account
- Tap on the apply for training button on the dashboard to view available papers and choose accordingly
- Attach required documents
- Tap to confirm submission
KNEC Examiners’ Training Schedules
- The above training will be free and residential and it will take place from 14th to 20th August 2022.
- Venues for KNEC training will be communicated to the shortlisted applicants at a later date.
- KNEC examiners’ application deadline is July 31, 2022.
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC).
Р.О. Box 73598 – 00200