Discover the Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) Loan Portal and login to complete student online application form via www.hesfb.go.ug. Explore the list of programme/courses under the HESFB Student Loan Scheme and apply now.
Table of Contents
Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) Online Loan Application
HESFB wishes to inform prospective Students’ Loan Applicants for the Academic Year 2022/2023 that due to budget cuts, the Continuing Students’ Loan Product has been excluded from the advertisement to the Call for Loan Applications for the Academic Year 2022/2023.
As a result, the application platform for Continuing Students on the Online Loan Application System has been disabled.
Therefore, online applications will be received for the First Year Student Loan Product whose platform is running smoothly.
- Do you wish to study Higher Education (Undergraduate Diploma and Degree) but are having financial constraints?
- Are you a final year student for an undergraduate Diploma or Degree but facing financial constraints?
- Do you know someone who needs this help to achieve their dreams?
16 Programmes/Courses under HESFB Student Loan Scheme
Students can apply for any programme under the HESFB Students’ Loan Scheme for an undergraduate diploma or undergraduate degree in 16 disciplines:
Apply to the HESFB Students’ Loan Scheme in the following disciplines
- Laboratory Science Programmes
- Human Medicine
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Petroleum and Geoscience Engineering
- Science Education
- Special Needs Education
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Health Care Management Sciences
- Conservation Sciences
- Pure Sciences
- Tourism and Hospitality Programmes
How to Apply for HESFB Student Loan
Follow this simple step-by-step guide to complete HESFB Student Loan Scheme Online Application Form.
- Access HESFB Student Portal
- Click on the Apply Now
- If the applicant is a new user, the Applicant will have to register.
- Register or create an account in the ILMIS system with the basic self-information (Names, Emails, Mobile No, and Passwords). The Applicant will successfully register, once all the mandatory information has been given.
- Once successfully registered; an acknowledgment email will be sent to the Applicant.
- Now, the applicant can login into the ILMIS application by using their registered credentials.
- But if the applicant is a registered user, he/she will login to his/her account and access the online application form.
- Then he/she will start filling in the online Application form.
- The Applicant will fill the information in the following sections;
- Personal details
- Parent’s details
- Admission & Loan details
- Recommendations & Payment
- Applicant’s checklist
- The Applicant can always save, after filling in the information he/she can be having at that moment, since the system only accepts submission only if all the Mandatory Information has been filled in with their accompanying scanned and uploaded documents.
- When finished filling in, will click submit.
- Tap on the submit button, a Report will be generated; containing the information that has been filled in by the Applicant. This is the partial submission in the ILMIS system. (i.e. Applicant has not yet made the bank payment)
- The report which will be taken by the Applicant and will be consisting of the following;
- Personal Details of the applicant
- Identification documents
- Current address
- Permanent address
- Education background information
- Details of the institution to which you are admitted
- The Applicant takes this Report as a printout to this personnel (Local Council 1, Headteacher of previous School/Institution attended, Sub County Chief/Town Clerk) mentioned on the form for recommendations, signatures, and stamping.
- And once he/she finishes filling in the Report, the Applicant has to go to the Bank (any Centenary Bank branch), pay fees that have been pre-defined by HESFB, and receive the payment acknowledgment or payment slip from the bank.
- The Applicant will then scans and upload both the recommendations form and the payment slip and submit them to the system. This is the final submission. Then the application will be availed to HESFB.
How to Check Your HESFB Student Loan Online Application Status
To check your HESFB Student loan online application status, here are the steps to follow:
- Check Loan Status
- Enter Reference Number
- Tap Check Now
HESFB Online Application Deadline
HESFB Students’ Loan Scheme Applications are ONGOING up to midnight, September 15th, 2022.
For Student Loan Application INQUIRIES
Contact us on;
0392174999 | 0414255300 | 0761 002600
Location: Plot 1, Lourdel Road, Lourdel Towers, 7th Floor, Nakasero, Kampala, Uganda
Website URL: www.hesfb.go.ug