Discover the Ekurhuleni West TVET College, EWC Online Application Portal and login to apply as prospective students submitting an application to EWC for the first time. To get started check out EWC entry requirements and Admission Point Scores (APS). Find out how to check EWC status online.
Table of Contents
EWC Online Application for New Students
Ekurhuleni West TVET College (EWC) new students are applicants who;
- Are applying for the first time to Ekurhuleni West TVET College;
- Have not enrolled for any course at Ekurhuleni West TVET College before;
- Did not have an EWC student number in any previous year.
Required Documents for Application
Applicants will be required to upload these into the Application Form in digital format, such as pdf, for example. Have your digital documents ready for upload.
Upload the required documents when requested to do so:
- Identity Document;
- Proof of Residence.
- If you need an NSFAS bursary, you must also upload proof of income and parents’ / legal guardians’ Identity Documents.
Applicants can also visit the college to book an online application session if they struggle with the internet. You can use either your smartphone, tablet, or your computer to apply online.
New Students Application Steps
Complete three steps to get started with the online application:
- Create Learner Profiler Account
- Complete Career Guidance Exploration. (You can explore careers and come back on another day to complete the application. Just remember to keep your username and password.)
- Take Pre-Entry Placement Assessment
- Access the Online Application Form and upload documents
How to Apply for EWC Admission
Start your application process by answering the questions below, and continue with the steps until the system generates a student number.
Follow these steps to complete Online Application to the Ekurhuleni West TVET College (EWC). Apply as a New Undergraduate Applicant.
- Explore EWC Website
- Tap on Online Application from the drop-down menu
- Tap on New Applicants
- Do you already have a student number? Select No | If Yes Apply Here
- Returning to complete application: Select No
- Do you have a Qualification Specific Token? No
- Re-apply, returning or current students who have applied at EWC before, Start from Here
- Read the Application Rules and tick I Accept
- Fill in your biographical details (i.e. Nationality (input SA ID or Passport exactly as it is), Personal info, street address, contact, residence, and disability info)
- Enter Account details, Next of kin details
- Input your Academic details (Grade 11 or June Grade 11, Grade 12 results are uploaded from Dept of Education)
- Add subject and continue to add subject
- Tell us where you attended school or if you have studied at another institution. If your school/institution is not listed, type in other.
- Do you have a qualification(s)? Tell us about it. Where, when, what subjects have you completed?
- Select your first and second choice programme
- Create your 5-digit PIN (Should NOT start/end with Zero and Must NOT include repeated numbers)
- Print a copy of the application for your records before you submit it online
- Upload all required documents (without documents, your application is incomplete)
- The student number is generated
NB: Applicants are required to keep the student number and 5-digit PIN to enable them to retrieve their admission letter or to check their admission status. Allow for 6 – 10 weeks for feedback from the date of application. Use the online system to check your application status.
- Tap on Load/View Document
- Tap upload document
- Browse and select the document from your device
- Tap on Save
- Review the uploaded document. Yes indicates that you have uploaded successfully.
EWC Returning Students Application
Returning OR Internal applicants EWC dent ID login here to reapply online. These steps are for applicants who have applied for admission at EWC and acquired a Student Number.
- Access the EWC Student Portal
- Login with your Student Number and PIN (If you forgot your pin, click on Forgot Pin and a new pin will be generated)
- Tap on Submit Application and view the application rules
- Enter the programme you are applying to study
- Tap on Search
- Tap on the programme code (in blue) to add the programme to your profile
- View Completed Application and verify the programme selected
- Tap to select a disability status (if applicable)
- Follow this step to upload additional documents
- View process status (Summary of all stages completed)
- Preview and Submit.