In addition, note that only STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) related courses are accepted and will be considered for the scholarship offer. Medical and Nursing students are not eligible to apply for the WAAW Foundation scholarship, but pharmacy students are.
Table of Contents
About the WAAW Foundation Scholarship
WAAW Foundation Scholarship enables female college students in Africa to pursue their studies in a STEM-related course. With this scholarship, you can focus on achieving your academic goal and volunteer to give back to your community and promote women’s engagement in STEM through the STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
They are looking for scholars who show a need and have the passion and drive to make a difference in their community. This section contains all of the information you need to apply successfully. We encourage you to review it fully to ensure you can be selected for an award. You can fill out the interest form below to be notified when the next scholarship application cycle opens.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates are to meet the following requirements outlined below:
- Female students of African origin living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program.
- Study STEM-related courses in a university or college in Africa.
- Presently, a first or second-year or third-year student for a 5-year course in a University.
- Ability to demonstrate financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
Which Courses Are Accepted?
- Only STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) related courses are accepted and will be considered for the scholarship offer.
- Medical and Nursing students are not eligible to apply for the WAAW Foundation scholarship, but pharmacy students are.
What are the Required Documents to be Submitted?
- The reference letter is to be submitted by your referees.
- Signed and sealed copy of your current transcript from your University.
- Scanned copy of your school ID card.
How to Apply for the WAAW Scholarship?
Check out the steps to follow and complete the WAAW Scholarship by following the steps outlined below:
- Access the official website via “waawfoundation.org/scholarship”
- Locate the Navigation Tap on top of the Homepage
- Locate and Tap on the “WHAT WE DO” button to proceed
- Then tap on “Apply Now” to proceed
- Thereafter, complete your application form and upload the necessary document needed
- Tap on the “Submit Button” to proceed and wait patiently for a response
Call Anytime: +234 909 677 4358, +234 901 911 7201
Send Email: [email protected]
Visit Office: Abuja, Nigeria