Discover the Tetfund Scholarship and apply, which supports both undergraduate and postgraduate student by providing financial assistance for tuition, accommodation, and other academic expenses, helping them in their academic pursuit. Firstly, students are to know and meet their eligibility criteria before applying.
Table of Contents
About the Tetfund Scholarship
Tertiary Education Trust Fund, Tertiary Scholarship, is a Nigerian government agency that funds education infrastructure and scholarships in public tertiary institutions.
The scholarship program supports both undergraduate and postgraduate student by providing financial assistance for tuition, accommodation, and other academic expenses, helping them in their academic pursuit.
Related: Seplat Scholarship Application
Tetfund Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the TETFund scholarship under its TSAS intervention, a nominee must:
- Provide evidence of medical fitness from a public hospital, not health centers
- You must currently be receiving any other scholarship
- Be a full-time Nigerian Academic Staff, working at and nominated by a beneficiary Institution;
- Have secured admission to pursue a full-time programme of study as specified in ‘A’ above in any University that satisfies the guidelines in not applying to study for a second master’s degree or a second doctorate;
Be bonded by the Institution;
- A nominee for a doctorate scholarship who has benefitted from the Fund’s scholarship for a master’s degree must have lived the bond period of the master’s degree before applying to be sponsored for the doctorate study;
- Must not receive any other scholarship
- Must provide evidence of medical fitness from a Public Hospital, not Health Centres.
Tetfund Scholarship Application Process
To apply for the Tertiary Education Trust Fund Scholarship online, candidates are to follow the steps provided below:
- The beneficiary institution (Your School) must submit a recommendation along with the minutes of the relevant selection committee.
- Submission must include supporting documents: Admission Letter, Tetfund nomination form, Application Resumes, University fees schedule, Bond Form Medical Certificate, and Bank Details.
- TETFund will process scholarship applications twice a year: In May for programs that start in September and in October for programmes that commence in January.
- Then, obtain a tuition fee invoice from your institution stating the total amount for the entire study programme, and submit it along with other documents.
- The invoice must show the total fee for the entire duration, bear the scholarship’s full name, and include the institution’s bank details for tuition payment.
- Also, specify the details required for the invoice, including the total amount payable, Bank Name, Bank Address, Accounts Number, Sort Code, etc.
- An application lacking the mandatory invoice requirement will not be considered for sponsorship.
Soft Copy Submission
- Submission must include a soft copy and a memory stick in MS Excel format, following the approved template. An advance soft copy may also be emailed to [email protected].
Programme Commerce Approval
- TETFund approval is required before scholarships commence their programs; no reimbursement request will be entertained with prior approval.
- Also, requests for cost variation after approval and fund release will not release will not be entertained.
Communication and Payment
- After vetting, the TETFund will communicate approval to both the institution and individual scholarship; Living expenses will be through the institution for scholars to begin their study fellowship.
- Beneficiary institutions should open a domiciliary account for foreign-based scholars and then provide evidence of compliance with TETFund.
Tuition Fee Payment
- The beneficiary institution should open a domiciliary account for foreign-based schoolers and then provide evidence of compliance with TETFund.
Address: N0 6 Zambezi Crescent, Off Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja, FCT Nigeria
Phone: (+234) 814 161 8921
Email: [email protected]