Find the latest advertisement about the recruitment of health workers in Zambia. Check out the requirement procedures, eligibility, postal address and how to apply.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has been allocated funds to recruit health workers in Zambia. In this regard, the Civil Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill in addition to the Professional qualifications outlined above,
Table of Contents
Recruitment of Health Workers Eligibility
Candidates must meet the following:
- Must be a Zambian Citizen
- Must have a Green National Registration Card (NRC)
- Must be between 18-45 years old
- Must have a full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) O’ levels Credits or better including the English Language
- Must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia (NMCZ) or Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ) and possess a valid Practicing License where applicable
- Must have a valid temporal or full Registration certificate where applicable
- Must be ready to work anywhere in the country where their services are needed for a minimum of four (4) years.
The Ministry of Health has announced the recruitment of health workers under the following provinces in Zambia.
- Central Province
- Western Province
- Muchinga Province
- Southern Province
- North–Western Province
- Northern Province
- Lusaka Province
- Luapula Province
- Eastern Province
- Copperbelt Province
How to Apply for Zambia Health Workers’ Job
All interested persons meeting the above criteria are encouraged to send their handwritten/typed applications through the nearest Post Office attaching copies of their Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate (Certified by the Examinations Council of Zambia), Professional Registration Certificate and Practicing License, Professional Qualifications and NRCS.
Applicants with disabilities, who meet the minimum requirements, are highly encouraged to apply and attach proof of disability from their respective associations. The Civil Service Commission is an equal-opportunity employer.
Application Postal Address
The application letters should be addressed to:
The District Health Director,
District Health Office,
Candidates must only apply to one District and Province in the case of Junior Resident Medical Officers, Dental Surgeon Interns, and Pharmacist Interns to avoid duplication multiple applications will lead to Automatic Disqualification.
This recruitment will benefit all the 116 districts countrywide. The Ministry of Health-Headquarters, Hospitals, and other Health Facilities shall not receive application letters. Applications submitted earlier to Ministry of Health-Headquarters, Provincial Health Offices, District Health Offices, Hospitals, and other Health Facilities will not be considered.
Applications for Junior Resident Medical Officers (Interns), Dental Surgeons (Interns), and Pharmacists/ Pharmacists (Interns) shall be addressed to:
The Provincial Health Director,
Provincial Health Office,