The National Identification Authority (NIA) is pleased to announce the schedule and guidelines for the 2021 edition of the Recruitment Entrance Examination.
NIA to Conduct Online Recruitment Entrance Examination
Applicants who successfully submitted an online application through the NIA recruitment portal would receive an SMS notification from the Office of the Head of the Civil Service (OHCS), bearing further details on the examination.
NIA Recruitment Examination Requirements
Applicants are required to use the following to access the NIA Online Examination Recruitment Portal;
- A desktop / laptop computer with an Internet Browser (i.e. Internet explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari)
- Stable Internet access for the duration of the examination.
Applicants will be provided with a Password. An applicant’s Index Number will be his or her Ghana Card Personal Identification Number (Ghana Card PIN). Upon receiving this, applicants are required to visit the examination portal accessible through the Applications Menu on www.ohcs.gov.gh or Log In Here and follow the steps below:
How to Log In
- Sign In Here
- Enter your “Index Number (Ghana Card PIN)” and “Password” received from OHCS
- Verify your account name
Mode of Examination Questions
- This is a test of cognitive ability (critical reasoning) and questions related to the authority.
- In forty (40) minutes, answer thirty (30) questions. For each question, possible answers have been provided.
- Applicants are expected to select the best option that agrees with the answer chosen.
- Tick your answer.
NIA Recruitment Examination Payment
To participate in the Examination, applicants are required to make a One-Time Non-Refundable payment of GH¢50.00 as examination fees. Service charges from your network or the service provider applies.
Applicants will be notified of the time period to make payments. On the day of payment, refer to the “payment procedure” for further details.
Instructions to Applicants during the Examination
Read all instructions carefully
- Read the terms and conditions for the examination and “Tick” the check box at the button of the page to accept terms and conditions for the examination.
- Do Not “Close” or Use the “Back” button on your Internet Browser once the examination has commenced. This will result in the loss of examination data, which has not yet been submitted. Instead, use the “Previous” and “Next” buttons to move between questions.
- Review your scripts before submitting.
- At the end of the Examination, once you click “submit” you will not be able to go back to make any changes.
- Do not solicit external assistance during the examination. If reported and this is proven, your result will be cancelled.
Instructions to Applicants after the Examination
For “Multiple Choice” type questions, results are displayed immediately after the examination. Applicants are required to take note of their results and await further directives from OHCS/NIA.
The NIA reserves the right to use the result of the examination for decision making.
Payments are to be made through Mobile Money on the OHCS examination portal by following the procedures below;
Start NIA Online Examination
- Visit the website here to Sign In
- Login with your credentials (Index Number and Password)
- Under the All Exam category, Click “Take Exam”
- Click “Buy Now” and follow the Mobile Money Payment process below
Mobile Money Payment Process
- Click “Mobile Money”
- Select service provider (MTN, Tigo, Airtel, and Vodafone)
- Input Mobile Money number
- Click “Submit”
- Dial *789*9# on your mobile device and wait for payment prompt in 10 seconds
- Authorise payment on your mobile device
- Continue the process on your computer device
- Click “Complete”
NOTE: In case of interruptions during Step “5” of the Mobile Money payments process, you may have to check the approval system of your mobile network, and activate your pending transactions using
- AirtelTigo Money – *110#
- MTN – *170#
Date of Examination
Date: Monday, 19th July 2021
Time: 8:00 am to 9:00 am prompt
For further enquiries, kindly call: 0302 963 897/ 0302 941 704