The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) invites qualified applicants to Apply for Admission into the Creative Arts and Design Education programme via the Online UEW Admission Portal for the 2021/2022 academic year. Applicants should these step-by-step guides on how to fill the UEW online application form.
Here is their entry requirement and cutoff points. Besides, here are all the available UEW programmes for the 2021/22 academic year. All admission process is still ongoing, mature applicants have already sat for the online entrance examination and have started to check UEW admission status.
About the Programme
The Creative Arts and Design Education programme is designed to fill the wide gap of training competent creative arts teachers who have adequate knowledge in Visual Arts, Music and Theatre Arts, and are capable of implementing the pre-tertiary creative arts curriculum in Ghana.
Teachers trained from this programme will be very helpful to the Ghana Education Service in that regard.
The programme is also meant to train personnel for managerial positions in the Arts, Culture, Media Arts and Tourism sectors.
The programme will fill the wide gap in training solely one-sided art educators and solve the human resource gap in the teaching and learning of Creative Arts in Ghanaian schools.
Of all the related Creative Arts training programmes in Ghana, none focuses on holistic training of the Creative Arts teacher-trainee such that s/he has competencies in Visual Arts, Theatre Arts and Musical Arts.
Four categories of applicants will be considered for admission and must fulfil the following minimum requirements of the University.
Category A: WASSCE Certificate Holders
- At least six (6) WASSCE credit passes including three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies and three (3) electives. Passes in Creative Arts subjects such as Visual Art, Literature-in-English, General Knowledge in Arts, Music and TVET will be an added advantage.
Category B: SSSCE Certificate Holders
- At least six (6) SSSCE credit passes including three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies and three (3) electives. Passes in Creative Arts subjects such as Visual Art, Literature-in-English, General Knowledge in Arts, Music and TVET will be an added advantage.
Category C: Mature Applicants
- Must be at least 25 years by 1st September of the year of application.
- Must hold
(a) Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ OR
(b) WASSCE or SSSCE Certificate OR a Certificate in TVET training from a recognized institution.
- Must pass the General Aptitude Test (GAT) and Subject Area Test (SAT) entrance Examination.
Category D: Diploma Holders
- Must possess a Diploma or its equivalent from a creative art and TVET related area from a recognized institution.
- Must pass an interview at the Department.
Category E: GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Holders
Five (5) credit passes at GCE “O” Level including English Language and Mathematics as well as two (2) “A” Level passes other than General Paper in the relevant subjects.
As one of the only Institutions in the country with a school for the Creative Arts, this programme targets Senior High School graduates with Visual Arts and Home Economics backgrounds. Professional Teachers who want to top up their diploma certificates are also possible targets.
UEW can target other first-degree graduates from other sister institutions. Professionals in the movie, television, radio and the entire creative industry are possible targets for further studies. International students wishing to study African Traditional Dances/ drumming and African ritual theatre are possible targets.
How to Apply Online for UEW Admission
- Login Online Admission Portal
- Select Group 1 (if you are a fresh applicants)
- If you have ever applied for UEW admission within the last 3 years;
- Select Group 2
- For Group 2: Enter your Student Number as well as your 5-digit number or PIN Number.
- Follow these procedures and fill in all field required.
- Preview and Submit.