The Zambia Statistics Agency wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following temporal 2022 Census jobs across the country. Here’s a comprehensive application guide on how to apply online for Zambia 2022 census of population and housing jobs recruitment.
Zambia Census Online Application 2022
The Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Zambia Statistics Agency (ZamStats) will be conducting its sixth Census of Population and Housing (CPH) in August this year. The CPH is the most extensive field operation of all national data collection efforts.
- Job Title: Census Supervisor/Enumerator
- Number of Positions: 45,000
- Job Purpose: The Census Supervisor/Enumerator will be responsible for data collection during the 2022 Census of Population and Housing.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Collect accurate data from all households and housing units within the Enumeration Area assigned.
- Check all completed questionnaires for errors to ensure that all questions were covered and responses correctly recorded.
- Submit information on filled-in questionnaires to the Supervisor for Validation.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be a Zambian Citizen with a Grade 12 School Certificate aged between 18 – 35 years.
- Have a minimum of 4 credits including Mathematics and English.
Applicants must be;
- A resident of the Constituency, neighboring Constituency, or District.
- Conversant with the local languages/dialect.
- Able to use a smartphone.
- Physically fit, able to work long hours, and walk long distances.
- Able to ride a bicycle or a motorcycle will be an added advantage.
- Complete the enumerators/supervisors’ training.
- In no active employment.
- Available to work even outside working hours, including public holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Available for work for at least sixty (60) uninterruptible days from the recruitment date.
How to Apply
Follow the step-by-step guide to apply online for the 2022 Zambia Population and Housing Census with your mobile phone via a shortcode.
If you meet the stated qualifications, send an SMS to either MTN, ZAMTEL or AIRTEL networks using *885# and you will be prompted to pay K5.80 through mobile money:
- Dial *885# on your phone
- Follow the instructions (stage by stage)
- Accept K5.80 via Mobile Money
NB: Emailed or handwritten applications will not be considered. Apply as a Census Zonal Coordinator.
Why do you need to pay, K5.80?
To cover the costs of;
- SMS application to ZamStats
- SMS informing the applicant that has been successfully shortlisted
Thereafter, the following information will be requested.
- National Registration Card No;
- Grade 12 Examination Number;
- The constituency of Residence;
- School Certificate
- Multiple GCE
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ);
ZamStats 2022 Census Shortlisted Supervisors/Enumerators
Only Shortlisted applicants will be required to sit for an aptitude test and only selected candidates who pass the test will be called for training as Census Supervisors/Enumerators.
Census Application Deadline
- The closing date for applications is 26th July 2022
For further clarifications on the recruitment exercise, you can contact the following numbers: +260 211 251377, +260 211 257603, +260 211 257604.
- Website URL: www. Zamstats.gov.zm