The Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Zambia Statistics Agency (ZamStats) will be conducting its sixth Census of Population and Housing (CPH) in August 2022. The CPH is the most extensive field operation of all national data collection efforts.
Table of Contents
Zambia Census Jobs Recruitment 2022
The Zambia Statistics Agency wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following temporal 2022 Census jobs across the country.
- Job Title: Zonal Census Coordinator (ZCC)
- Number of Positions: 1,800
The Zonal Census Coordinator will be reporting to the District Census Coordinator (DCC), the job holder will be responsible for the census activity before, during, and after the enumeration exercise.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively conduct Enumerators’ and Supervisors’ training on all scheduled days.
- Ensure that necessary materials and equipment are allocated to enumerators.
- Conduct roll call of enumerators and supervisors on each day of training at random times at least twice daily using the application on the Tablet and syncing the captured data to the Central server;
- Work with the District Commissioner and the District Census Coordinator (DCC) to ensure that Supervisors and Enumerators take an oath of Secrecy before the commencement of fieldwork;
- Deploy the field teams and ensure that the enumerators under your supervision start enumeration operations by the designated census dates.
- Ensure all the necessary permits to access prohibited areas are obtained
- Liaise with the District census officer, district census coordinator, or relevant community leaders to identify all the special population groups (correctional facilities, hotels/lodges, hospitals, out-door sleepers, among others within your jurisdiction)
- Conduct spot checks in all the enumeration areas under your charge.
- Resolve challenges that may arise in the field, both technical and administrative.
- Ensure that everybody in your zonal area has been enumerated.
- Return all the census materials and equipment to the district census Coordinator (DCC).
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the District Census Coordinator (DCC).
- Must be a Zambian Citizen, aged between 21-55 years.
- Must have at least a Diploma in any field.
- Must be a resident of the District they are applying to work in.
- Must be conversant with the local languages/dialect.
- Must be able to use and navigate smart mobile devices or tablets
- Must be physically fit, able to work long hours, and walk long distances.
- Must not be in active employment.
- Must be available to work even outside working hours, including public holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be available for an interruptible period of three (3) months from 18th July to the end of September 2022.
Competencies and Experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Team Player
- Experience in census or survey fieldwork operations will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Follow the step-by-step guide to apply online for the 2022 Zambia Population and Housing Census with your mobile phone via a shortcode.
If you meet the stated qualifications, send an SMS to either MTN, ZAMTEL, or AIRTEL networks using *885# and you will be prompted to pay K5.80 through mobile money:
- Dial *885# on your phone
- Follow the instructions (stage by stage)
- Accept K5.80 via Mobile Money
NB: Emailed or handwritten applications will not be considered. Apply as a Supervisors/Enumerators
Why do you need to pay, K5.80?
To cover the costs of;
- SMS application to ZamStats
- SMS informing the applicant that has been successfully shortlisted
Thereafter, the following information will be requested.
- Highest Education attained;
- Institution attended;
- National Registration Card No;
- The constituency of Residence;
- Proficient in local Language of Communication.
ZamStats 2022 Census Shortlisted Zonal Census Coordinators
Only Shortlisted applicants will be required to sit for an aptitude test and only selected candidates who pass the test will be called for training as Zonal Census Coordinators.
Census Application Deadline
- The closing date for applications is 17th July 2022
For further clarifications on the recruitment exercise, you can contact the following numbers: +260 211 251377, +260 211 257603, +260 211 257604.
Website URL: www. Zamstats.gov.zm