The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) in Ghana calls for jobs application. Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons for recruitment into Ghana Community Police Assistants and Community Health Workers.
YEA Recruitment of Community Police Assistants (CPAs)
As part of an effort to reduce the rising rate of unemployment in the country, the Youth Employment Agency (YEA) in line with the YEA Act 2015 (Act 887), oversees the development, coordination, supervision, and facilitation of employment for the youth and related matters in Ghana and partnership with the Ghana Police Service is recruiting new personnel into the Community Protection Assistants Module.
- Persons between the ages of 18-35 years.
- Minimum qualification of Senior High School (SHS Certificate) education.
Condition of Application
Successful applicants will be engaged as beneficiaries of YEA. Beneficiaries would be on two (2) years contracts of engagement.
YEA Recruitment of Community Health Workers (CHWs)
The Youth Employment Agency is partnering with the Ghana Health Service to roll out the CHW Programme in line with Regulation 1(b) of the Youth Employment Agency Regulation 2016 (L.l. 2231).
The Community Health Workers (CHW) Programme seeks to augment the community health workforce to improve access to health services in rural communities and contribute to achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and responding to COVID-19.
Under the programme, beneficiaries are to be engaged by the Youth Employment Agency to work closely with the Ghana Health Service at the community level. Successful applicants will be posted strictly to the communities they reside.
- Persons within the ages of 18-35 years (females are encouraged to apply)
- Minimum qualification of Senior High School (SHS Certificates) education with passes in English and Mathematics
- Applicants must be fluent in English and at least one local language.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) a smartphone.
- Only short-listed applicants who complete the CHW training programme will be engaged.
Role of the Community Health Workers
The Community Health Worker is not a health professional but a person recruited by the YEA from the community within which he/she lives and has been given basic orientation to serve as a service delivery bridge between the respective communities and service delivery points thereby facilitating the work of Community Health Nurses, Community Health Officers and midwives in the various communities.
How to Apply
To YEA Recruitment of Community Police Assistants and Health Workers, Applicants must apply through the YEA portal and visit their various YEA District offices for support.
- Access YEA Online Application Form
- Complete the YEA online application form
- Preview your details to confirm
- Submit your Application
The application exercise is scheduled to start on Monday, September 19, 2022 – Friday, October 14, 2022.
NB: Application is free of charge