Discover the Western Cape Education Department, WCED Online Admission Application Portal and login to create a user account as a learner or parent, select a school and check your application status.
Required Document to Access the WCED Online Application Portal
Check out our comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to register as a parent user.
Before you begin, have the following at hand to make the process easier:
- Pen and paper to record your password for safekeeping
- Cellphone number
- e-mail address
Scanned documents (labeled according to each document):
- The last official school Report Card
- Results of the learner, for learners who have been to school
- Birth certificate
- Passport of the learner; OR
- Study permit (foreign learners); OR
- Proof of application (study permit) or police affidavit
- Immunization card (Road to Health Chart) for Primary Schools only
- Proof of residence
How to Login WCED Online Application Portal
Here’s a simple quick way to login to WCED Online Admission Portal
- Go to WCED Website
- Scroll down the page
- Tap on WCED ePortal
- Navigate to Register as a Learner or Sign in
WCED Online Admission Portal
First-time users who want to access and login to the WCED Online Admission Application Portal need to register themselves as a user or parent.
- Access the WCED Online Application Portal
- Tap on Admissions Year
- Tap Apply online
- Tap on Parent Register (if not registered yet?)
Registered users, simply use your old password. If you’ve forgotten your password, reset it.
- Tap on Parent Login
- Read carefully through the Terms and Conditions.
This section provides you with important information regarding the application process. Applications on the system are limited to Grades 1, and Grade 8 and parents apply in cases where the learner has reached the highest grade.
- Select Yes and Continue
- Answer the question, enter your ID, and click on Save.
- Complete ALL the fields
Ensure that your contact details (e-mail and cellphone number) are correct.
- Tap on Register
You will receive a verification PIN (OTP); it will appear onscreen in GREEN. It’s a ONE-TIME PIN which will only be valid for 5 minutes.
- Enter the One Time PIN in the text box
- Tap on Verify
Keep your PASSWORD in a SAFE place (6 – 12 characters). You will need it to log on to your profile to:
- Check if your child has been accepted at a school;
- Accept a place when offered by a school; and
- Submit queries.
- Complete ALL the fields.
- Tap on Register
Congratulations, you have now successfully registered to use the system. You will receive an SMS to confirm your registration.
Explore the List of WCED Schools and find out how to select a school and check the application status online.