Discover the University of Manitoba (UM) Learning Management System (LMS) known as UM Learn and login with your credentials. UMLearn is used to support the delivery of face-to-face, online and blended courses.
Here, instructors and students share welcome letters, course outlines, course schedules, and assessment overviews.
University of Manitoba UM Learn
UM Learn is the University of Manitoba Learning Management System (LMS) for the delivery of online courses.
In UM Learn, you can:
- Access your online course(s) and course materials
- View grades for your assignments, quizzes, and mid-term exams
- Communicate with your course instructor
You will require your UMNet ID and password to access UM Learn. Claim your UMNet ID.
How to Access UM Learn
To get started, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the UM Website
- Tap on Current Students on the navigation tab
- Select UM Learn from the list of useful link tools
Well done!!! Follow this step to login now. Besides, you can also access the University of Manitoba other online resources such as UM Email Account, Jump Portal, Aurora, Achieve as well as library search.
How to Login UM Learn
Follow these quick steps to access and login UMLearn:
- Explore desire2learn.com
- Tap on the “UM Learn Login” button
- Enter your UM email address and Password
- Tap on the “Sign in” button
NB: UM Learn Login Changed. After this system refresh, UM Learn will require you to use your UM email address instead of your UMNetID to login.
How to Access Your Course via UM Learn
To access your course, let go:
- Access UMLearn with your login credentials
- Navigate down to the “My Courses” widget where each course is represented by an image
- Tap “List all courses” to see more courses
- Use the Advanced Search option to find courses
- Select the image or course name to access the course
- Proceed to complete your enrolment.
How to View Your Final Grades in U of M Aurora
Here’s where you can login to manage your courses, access tax forms, check your course and exam schedules, and check final course grades.
- Access UM Aurora Student Portal
- Navigate and tap on “Enter Secure Area”
- Login with your credentials (Your user ID is your student number)
- Tap on the “Enrolment & Academic Records” tab
- Click on “Student Records”
- Tap on “Academic Transcript”
- Click on “View Web Transcript”
- Tap the “Submit” button
Well done!!! Your final grade(s) will appear. This is not an official transcript.
How to VW from a course at U of M
A Voluntary Withdrawal (VW) is the discontinuation of studies in a class after the end of the revision period. It means you will not get credit for the work you have done and you will not receive any tuition refunds; VW will appear on your official transcript.
You must officially withdraw from a class using Aurora Student on or before the end of the VW deadline. If you stop attending lectures or do not pay your tuition fees, you are not automatically withdrawn.
You should always see an advisor before proceeding with a VW as it should never be your first recourse when you have concerns. A VW can affect student loan eligibility, on-campus residence eligibility, and scholarship eligibility.
To VW from a course using Aurora student;
- Log onto Aurora Student
- Navigate to Registration
- Select Add or Drop Classes
- Select the term of the course you are registered in
- A list of courses that you are registered in will appear
- Choose the course you would like to voluntarily withdraw from
- Navigate to Action column, from the dropdown menu
- Select Voluntary Withdrawal Web
- Click Submit Changes.
Students who have holds on their accounts may not withdraw from courses. Consult a representative in your home faculty for assistance.