Applications to study at the University of Limpopo (UL) are fully online via UL Application Portal. Admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for both South African and international students should Apply Online.
Cost of UL Application Forms
A non-refundable application fee of R200.00 (South African students) and R750.00 (International students) is payable. After payment into the following account details, please upload proof of payment online.
- Account Name: University of Limpopo
- Bank Name: Standard Bank
- Branch Name: Polokwane Square
- Branch Code: 051001
- Account No: 030131405
NB: Use your ID/Passport as a reference when making payment.
UL Application Procedures
Before submitting an application, applicants should have completed all steps, such as the qualification path, accommodation, and financial aid, among others. Fill in this information in the appropriate sections.
When applying for undergraduate studies, upload certified copies of the following documents in PDF format:
- ID for South African citizens
- Passport for international students
- National Senior Certificate if you have already completed matric
- Final Grade 11 results with school stamp/Mid-term Grade 12 results if you are still in Grade 12
- Academic record applies to current students at other institutions of higher learning
- HESA/ Universities South Africa (USAf) letter only if you are an international student.
- Apply to mb.usaf.ac.za for conditional exemption, foreign conditional exemption, or mature age conditional exemption
- Proof of payment
UL Online Mode of Application
The online application is quick and easy! To apply online, you need access to the Internet and a valid email address.
- Complete the application accurately and fully
- Write your names as they appear on your identity/passport document
- Specify the names of the first choice and second choice degrees
- Complete the residence section (if you wish to stay on-campus)
To access the prospectus, Tap the following links:
N.B: Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
Start your application process by answering the questions below, and continue with the steps until the system generates a student number. Use the applicant’s ID numbers / Passport Numbers as a reference.
Follow these steps to complete Online Application to the University of Limpopo (UL). Apply as a New Undergraduate Applicant.
- Login UL Application Portal to Get Started
- Do you already have a student number? Select No | If Yes Apply Here
- Returning to complete application: Select No
- Do you have a Qualification Specific Token? No
- Read the Application Rules and tick I Accept
- Fill in your biographical details (i.e. Nationality, Personal info, street address, contact, residence, disability info)
- Enter Account details, Next of kin details
- Academic details
- Select programme of choice
- Create your 5-digit PIN (Should NOT start/end with Zero and Must NOT include repeated numbers)
- Print a copy of the application for your records before you submit it online
- Upload of document
- The student number is generated
NB: Applicants are required to keep the student number and 5-digit PIN to enable them to retrieve their admission letter or to Check UL Application Status.
UL Returning Students Application
- Returning OR Internal applicants with UL Student ID login Student Portal to reapply online.
What you need to study at the University of Limpopo
National Senior Certificate or National Vocational Certificate with an endorsement that allows entrance to degree studies (bachelor’s degree) or an equivalent qualification.
Meet all the minimum admission requirements for the programme you intend to study. Kindly note that meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen/intended programme of study does not guarantee admission, as limited space is available in each programme.
UL Application Closing Dates:
- MA Clinical Psychology: June 30, 2022
- MBChB: July 29, 2022
- All other Qualifications: September 30, 2022
All inquiries should be directed to the university’s enrolment center:
Call Centre: (+27) 15 268 3332
Email Address: [email protected]