Discover the University of KwaZulu-Natal – UKZN Email Login system with your Student Number and Password to have access to your mailbox. You can read your email from anywhere using the outlook web interface provided you have internet access via UKZN Email Login Portal.
On Arrival at the University of KwaZulu-Natal – UKZN
As a new UKZN student, you will: Automatically have access to the computer rooms or LANs on campus by swiping your student card. You will need to go to the RMS office to get your student card. You will then need to go into one of the computer LANs and log into a computer using your student number as your username and the default password.
University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Email Login
Microsoft Outlook is the emailing system used at UKZN. All students and staff have access to UKZN Email Account (mailbox). Your student email address is your student [email protected] and your login password is the same as your LAN password. It enables you to create, communicate and collaborate with myUKZN email system.
How to Access your New UKZN Email Box
Before you access your new UKZN Email box for the first time, here are the steps to follow
- Change your UKZN password via Password Self-Service
- Open a browser and go to http://www.outlook.com
- Sign in using your new email username: [email protected] (Do you see the ‘my’ that’s been added to your email address?)
- Enter the Password that you just changed
- Your mailbox opens.
How to Login UKZN Email Portal
Student e-mail access from off-campus (These settings are for IE and may work for other browsers):
- Go to the https://my.ukzn.ac.za/ website
- Tap on Login
- The link will be redirected to https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Enter Student Number details in the following format: [email protected] (eg. [email protected])
- Press Enter
- You will then receive a pop-up box to enter your login details
- Again, enter Student Number details (eg. [email protected])
- Enter your UKZN Lan Password (the password you use when logging into a computer in the student Lan)
- Thereafter you will be logged in to your Office365 e-mailbox.
What is myUKZN.ac.za?
myUKZN provides students & future alumni of the University of Kwazulu-Natal (UKZN) with a free 25GB mailbox, 25GB online storage solution, instant messaging tools, and much more!
- 25GB mailbox space
- 25GB password protected online storage using SkyDrive
- Instant messaging
- A rich calendaring solution
- A central place to view your other mail accounts
- Free use of Office Web Apps
- Spam-free email
Phone: You can call us by dialing 031 260 4000
Email: The Expert Desk can be contacted by e-mail at [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 16h30