Explore University of Johannesburg – UJ Online Application Portal via www.uj.ac.za. Decide what course (qualification) you want to study and find out what qualifications can get you there and see if you meet the requirements as well as check your admission status.
University of Johannesburg – UJ Online Application
UJ Online Admission must be submitted by the respective closing dates as indicated. Places are limited and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your online application as early as possible. Ensure that you have completed both online application sections and submitted all your supporting documentation.
Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
Top Universities with Free Online Applications in South Africa
UJ Comprehensive Web Academic Application Process
- Online applicants will receive either a final or deferred status within 48 hours. Hardcopy applicants will receive either a final or deferred status within 5 working days.
- You can apply without submitting a copy of your ID/Passport document
- You may submit a completed application form that you have downloaded. Hardcopy applications are R200. Online applications are free.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply online. Applicants wanting to submit a hardcopy application form can submit their application form at any of the four UJ campuses or the application can be sent via post to the University.
UJ Online Application Requirement
Online Application at UJ required the following documents
- Must have a valid email address (Gmail or Yahoo mail account).
- Should have the requirements for study choices been met ?
- If the residence is required then a deposit of R1220 must be paid.
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12.
- Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants)
- All documents must be certified When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB and that all documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to [email protected] with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.
Access UJ Online Application Portal
Follow these steps to complete Online Application to University of Johannesburg (UJ). Apply as a New Undergraduate Applicants.
- Login UJ Application Portal
- Fill in your biographical details (i.e. Nationality, Personal info, street address, contact, residence, disability info)
- Enter Account details, Next of kin details
- Academic details
- Select programme of choice
- Create your 5-digit PIN (Should NOT start/end with Zero and Must NOT include repeated numbers)
- Print a copy of the application for your records before you submit it online
- Upload of document
- The student number is generated
NB: Applicants are required to keep the student number and 5-digit PIN to enable them to retrieve their admission letter or to check their admission status.
UJ Returning Students Application
Returning OR Internal applicants with UJ Student ID should follow the steps below to reapply online.
- Visit UJ Admission AID
- Tap on Returning OR Internal Applicants
- Login with Student Number and PIN
- Click on Application and view application rules
- Enter school leaving subjects
- Click to select a disability status (if applicable)
- Enter previous qualifications
- Enter schools attended
- Sign in with your voucher details (Serial Number and PIN)
- Submit application
- View completed application(s) and upload additional documents
- View process status (Summary of all stages completed)
How to Check Your UJ Admission Status
You don’t necessarily have to reapply if you’ve lost your student number because you can recover your UJ student number in with few steps.
Follow these simple steps
- Go to https://www.uj.ac.za/
- Tap on Admission + AID
- Tap on Check Your Status
- Enter your ID Number (leave the student number since you forget it)
- Enter the Recapture
- Select the year of application
- Tap Search button
You’ll see your student number
Congratulations!!! for your admission to University of Johannesburg – UJ. Successful applicants can view/download application letter via UJ Student Portal as well as register/enrol for semester courses via UJ ULink
University of Johannesburg
UJ Website URL: https://www.uj.ac.za/
Directions & Maps
Tel: +27 11 559 4555
E-mail: [email protected]