Discover the Unemployment Insurance Fund, UIF Portal via ufiling.labour.gov.za and login to learn more on how to apply, complete the online registration and application form, check the status, and fill in your monthly UIF returns contributions.
UIF uFiling Application Form
uFiling is a free online service that completely replaces the manual declaration of monthly UIF returns and contributions. Employers (Commercial and Domestic), Agents or Tax Practitioners can easily use uFiling to declare and pay UIF contributions online, view all previous declarations and contributions made, and receive notifications about future declarations.
- There are many benefits to using UIF, which include:
- Submit Claims for various UIF Benefits
- Submit a request for Payment for various UIF Benefits
- View Claims History
- Submit a Notice of Appeal
- View your Employee Declaration Status
- Declare and pay UF contribution to the fund
- Verify that returns are up to date
- Submit monthly or annual returns
uFiling Login & Registration
uFiling is a secure Online system introduced to Employers to register, declare and pay UIF contributions. Employees can also use the system to apply for benefits such as unemployment, maternity, and illness.
uFiling Registration Process
In order to use the uFiling website and services, you need to complete a registration process to obtain your own unique login name and password.
- Access www.ufiling.co.za
- Navigate to “REGISTER”
- Accept the terms and conditions on the Unemployment Insurance Fund Portal
- Tap on “Continue” to proceed
- Complete all the required information
- Click on “Register”
- This will send the captured data and a link for the UIF verification
- Follow the link provided to activate your account
- Use the username and temporary password provided in the email or SMS to log in to your new uFiling account.
- After your first login, the system will prompt you to change your password.
- For security reasons, you will then have to complete a vetting process by confirming demographic information about yourself, which will be compared to the data available to the Department of Labour.
- If any of the questions are answered incorrectly, a message will appear to indicate that you failed the vetting process.
- Once you successfully completed vetting, you will be directed to a page where you can update your personal details before you can proceed to the uFiling website.
How to Apply for UIF
To activate your Employee account you need to have the following documents and information available:
- Your valid 13 Digit South African ID number
- Your e-mail address where all correspondence will be emailed
- Cell phone number is mandatory
As an online registered Employee, you will be able to securely submit your Application for Benefits (for Unemployment, Reduced Time Benefits, Maternity, Illness, and Adoption), to submit Continuation of Benefits and Notice of Appeal.
How to Login UIF Online Portal
Here’s a simple way to access and login to the Unemployment Insurance Fund, UIF to complete an ufiling online form.
- Explore https://ufiling.labour.gov.za/uif/login
- Enter your Username and Password
- Tap Login button