Discover the University of Free State – UFS Oracle or Self-Service via Oracle PeopleSoft sign in and login with your User ID and Password. UFS Oracle also known as Self Service is an online course registration portal designed for students to enable them to register and perform school activities throughout their stay at the university.
University of Free State – UFS Oracle Self Service (PeopleSoft)
The University of the Free State Student Portal enables students to access Kovsie life, UFS self-service, UFS blackboard eLearn, timetables, UFS4life emails, library, exam results, and enroll/change/add modules for the first and second semester.
Besides, the University of the Free State has designed an online Learning Management System (LMS) known as UFS Blackboard eLearn.
UFS Self Service Online Registration of Courses
Here are all the steps you need to follow to register, enroll, change, and add modules for the first and second semesters.
To Get Started, here are a few questions you need to ask yourself.
- Do you have an active KOVSIE student number?
If Yes, proceed to Step 2.
Postgraduate students should contact relevant faculty for approval.
- Have you made the prepayment for registration?
If Yes, proceed to step 3.
If No, here
- Do you have any questions about the rules of the university/faculties?
If Yes, here for information.
If No, proceed to step 4
- Do you want/need to change the qualification you have been admitted to?
If Yes, here for information.
If No, proceed to step 5
NB: South Campus and Sub-region students: not applicable
- Have you received academic advice yet?
If Yes, proceed to how to login
If No, contact your relevant faculty.
NB: If you have answered Yes to all previous questions, you may proceed on how to login UFS Oracle Self Service Portal to register for your qualification and modules.
How to Login UFS Oracle Self Service Portal
Here is how to access and login to the University of the Free State Oracle
- Access Oracle PeopleSoft System
- Enter your Student Number and Password
- Tap Login button
Students must ensure that their UFS password has not expired as you will require the password for access to electronic systems used by the UFS.
How to Reset your UFS Password
Follow the steps to activate your password and manage your account.
- Explore http://selfservice.ufs.ac.za
- Enter your Username (Student Number) and Password (Your personal password)
If your password was reset, the UFS issues a temporary password which must be changed the first time you log in to the system. You will require your cellphone for the One-Time Pin (OTP).
Get Started with UFS Self Service
Follow the steps below to begin your registration.
- Go to the Tasks tile on the Student Homepage within the PeopleSoft System
- Tap on the Task
- Under the “Tasks” tile will be an activity that is called “Registration + Current Year”
- Follow the different activities as listed on the left side of the Student Task WorkCentre page until the task is completed
- The system will allow you to log out and return later to continue with the different activities until you have completed the task
- Confirm that all the modules (courses) you wished to enroll in for reflecting on your proof of registration
- The Proof of Registration is available on the Student Centre page, but will also be emailed to you the following day after you register.
If you need further assistance with this facility please contact the student helpdesk at +27 (0)51 401 9111