The University of Education, Winneba – UEW wishes to welcome our cherished students (fresher’s and continuing) to the First Semester of 2021/2022 academic year.
As part of the University experience, you have opportunities for academic and personal growth, and we will offer the needed support to enable you navigate your way through this exciting journey of learning and discovery.
We encourage you to explore all that UEW has to offer you. Your academic success is our top priority. Study hard and enjoy your stay on campus.
Date for Online Registration
Students should take note of the following:
Arrival of continuing and fresh students
- Saturday, January 8, 2022
Registration of Students – Online via UEW Student Portal
- Monday, January 19, 2022 – Monday, February 7, 2022
UEW Schedules for 2021/2022 Academic Year
|Orientation of Fresh Students||–||Monday, January 17, 2022 –|
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
|Medical Examination||–||Monday, January 17, 2022 –|
Monday, February 28, 2022
|–||Saturday, February 5, 2022|
|–||Saturday, February 5, 2022|
|–||Saturday, February 12, 2022|
|Mid-Semester Examinations||–||Monday, February 28, 2022 –|
Friday, March 4, 2022
|2nd Session Congregation||–||March, 2022|
|Deadline for entry of continuous assessment results||–||Thursday, March 31, 2022|
|End of 1st Semester Examinations for|
Continuing Students and Fresh Students
|–||Monday, April 25, 2022 – Friday,|
May 6, 2022
|Continuing and Fresh Students go down||–||Saturday, May 7, 2022|
Online Course Registration Guidelines
In connection with the online registration of courses for the First Semester of the 2021/2022 Academic Year, students are kindly advised to take note of the following guidelines:
- The 2021/2022 1st Semester Registration exercise would be a self-registration exercise.
- The online registration portal would be activated on the 19th of January, 2022 for students to start registration and it will end on the 7th of February, 2022.
- Students are required to have paid the requisite Fees in full via the various payment platforms advertised. Fee schedules are available online for the 2021/2022 Academic year.
- Students are to obtain a list of courses to be registered in the 2021/2022 1st Semester from the various departments. Students are to pay attention to the course codes, course titles and credit hours for the various courses.
- Students are required to proceed online to their ITS ERP Students portal to register
- Freshers are required to attend orientation from Monday, January 17, 2022 to Wednesday, January 19, 2022, where they would be introduced to the registration procedures and then would subsequently be allowed to register.
- Instructional videos, brochures and manuals have been loaded online to aid students in the various processes of registration.
- Students are mandated to follow judiciously the specified rules and regulations
- Note that late registration attracts a fine for a number of days after which failure to register may lead to the student deferring.
- Students should take note of and adhere to registration deadlines.
- Students are advised to contact their Departmental Administrators for assistance in the registration process and accessing their portals.
- Course lists for various programmes and levels are available at the various Departments and on the Departmental notice boards. You are required to access them before you start the registration process.
- Pay attention to the course codes, course titles and credit hours when registering.
- For elective or optional courses, you are to select courses as applicable.
- Note that Liberal/African Studies courses have a quota and are registered on a first come, first served basis.
- Courses need to be confirmed for the data to be available in students’ and lecturers portals.
- You are required to print out a copy of your “Proof of Registration” slip after confirmation and acceptance of registration and present it to your department for endorsement.
- Students who are returning from deferrals should first report along with a copy of their deferral approval letters to the Students Records Office (SRO) located at the Student Centre for their records to be updated.
- Any student who has a registration-related challenge should do well to lodge a complaint at their Department for onward submission to the Division of Academic Affairs on the various campuses as proof of this would be required for resolution of registration related challenges after the deadline for registration.
- Registration would be ongoing concurrently with lectures.
- The first point of call for any problem is your Departmental Administrator. If the issue is beyond them, they would forward the problem to Academic Affairs for resolution. All problems/complaints should be lodged at your departments for onward submission to the Academic Affairs.
- After confirmation of courses, students with errors in registration i.e., those who have registered for wrong courses should contact their Department Administrators during the stipulated period for this exercise to have those problems corrected.
UEW Website Links
- Join Our Telegram Channel below the page for more updates.