Find out how to access University of California San Diego – UCSD Email. Here students activate new account, check and read email from the web. Besides, it enables easy access to UCSD Canvas, Student Portal known as my Extension, as well as campus WiFi.
How to Get Started
- Students will be issued a campus username and email account shortly after accepting an offer of admission.
- You can activate your account using your Triton Checklist/MyTritonLink password after you have completed the New User setup step on the Triton Checklist.
- The process below will confirm your identity, link your student personal ID (PID) to your new email account and allow you to activate the account by setting its password.
- You will also use that username and password to access other campus resources such as the Canvas Learning Management System, WiFi, etc.
- Undergraduate student accounts may take up to 24 hours before mailbox access is possible, while graduate student accounts may take up to 7 business days.
How to Access and Activate UCSD Student Account
New incoming students can follow these steps to activate and access their new UC San Diego email account.
Easy Ways to Find your Username and Password
- Navigate to the Student Account Lookup tool
- Under the second option, Tap ‘Forgot Username?
- Enter your Last Name and Student PID
- Tap on the button displaying your account username.
This will show info about your account and your official UC San Diego email address. Once you enroll in classes, information about computing resources will also be displayed by this tool.
At the top, you should see a New Students account activation alert with a Change Password link displayed.
NOTE: it may take 1-2 business days after you indicate acceptance of your admission offer in Slate for your account to be available. If your account is not found and you recently accepted, please try again a day or so later.
How to Read Your UCSD Email
Here is how to access your UC San Diego email on the web, computer, or phone.
UC San Diego student email runs on a variety of campus mail servers. To read mail on any device you’ll first need to know your mail server.
- Find your server and more account information using our Account Lookup tool
- Read your UC San Diego email via gmail.ucsd.edu or mail.ucsd.edu
- The student will be checking their email via Gmail
- The new student must Access and Activate Student Account
How to Check Your UCSD Gmail from the Web
Find out how to use Gmail on the web using your UC San Diego credentials. UC San Diego Gmail provides a Web-based interface to read and send email using any Internet-connected computer with a Web browser.
- Go to gsuite.ucsd.edu
- URL will be redirected to a UCSD single-in page
- Enter your UCSD e-mail address and Password
- Set up Two-Step Login
- Select Gmail from the list of App
- UCSD Gmail will be display