Table of Contents
UCC Admission Basic Entry Requirements
Applicants must have five passes (A1-D7) for WASSCE and A-D for SSSCE), three of which should be credit passes (C6 or D) or better including English Language and Mathematics.
Applicants must possess any one of the following qualifications:
Applicants must have credit passes in six subjects with overall aggregate of 36/24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant elective subjects.
For purposes of admission, a credit pass in:
- WASSCE means A1 – C6
- SSSCE means A – D
- General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
Applicants must have credit passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics plus and three relevant elective subjects.
- General Certificate in Education (GCE) – Advanced Level
Applicants should in addition to credit passes in five G.C.E. ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Core Mathematics, three passes in relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE)
Applicants with full Diploma in ABCE must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including; English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination, SSSCE or WASSCE.
Teacher’s Certificate A
- Post Diploma Applicants
Applicants should have a Diploma or a Professional qualification equivalent to Diploma from a related discipline. Applicants may be placed at Level 300 or 200 depending on the type of qualification.
Applicants should visit the University of Cape Coast or College of Distance Education website for detailed specific programme requirements.
Entry by Mature Entrance Examination
Applicants who do not meet the specified requirements for Direct Entry into the above programmes can gain admission to the programme when they pass a Mature Entrance Examination (MEE).
Preparatory classes will be held from 18th September, 2021 to 7th November, 2021 at selected Examination Centres throughout the country to enhance applicants’ chances at passing the Entrance Examination. The examination will be held on Saturday, 13th November, 2021 and Sunday, 14th November, 2021.
Applicants seeking admission as Mature Candidates should be at least 25 years old by 30th September, 2021. Applicants should attach copy of birth certificate that is at least five years old at the time of the application.
Also, applicants must have any one of the following:
- Minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE (i.e. D7, E8 or E) or G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Certificate
- NVTI Certificate
- Holders of NABPTEX Certificate or Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) Certificate awarded by the Technical Examination Unit of GES.
- Applicants should have a background in the preferred programme.
NB: Applicants who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at either
WASSCE/SSSCE or G.C.E. ‘O’ Level would be required to register for and pass special examinations in those subjects.
UCC Entrance Examination
The main examinations for candidates will comprise;
- Aptitude Test
- General Paper
Special examinations in Mathematics and English Language for candidates who do not have credit passes at G.C.E. ‘O’ Level (grade 6 or better) or WASSCE/SSSCE (grade C6/D or better).
NB: Applicants are to note that the preparatory classes in the lead up to the Mature Entrance Examination shall take place at the designated examination centres. for details visit: ucc admission portal
UCC Distance Programmes Available For 2021/2022 Academic Year
- Bachelor of Education (Basic Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Bachelor of Education (Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education (Junior High School Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Education (Management)
- Bachelor of Education (Social Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Procurement and Supply Chain Management)
- Diploma in Commerce (Accounting)
- Diploma in Commerce (Management)
Social Science Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Economics)
- Bachelor of Science (Economics with Finance)