Find out the latest current affairs in Ghana, 2021. In Ghana, most Recruitments, Admissions, Scholarships, and Jobs interviews questions are based on the history and current fairs status of the institutions of Ghana.
Besides, understanding and knowing the current affairs in Ghana will increase your level of preparedness and knowledge toward any opportunities (aside from passing Aptitude tests and interview questions) that might come your way.
Top 100 Ghana Police Service Likely Exam Questions and Answers PDF
Ghanaian Current Affairs (Questions and Answers)
1. When did Ghana become independent?
Answer: 6 March 1957
2. How was Ghana formerly known?
Answer: Gold Coast
3. Which country is to the east of Ghana?
4. When did the Portuguese build, Elmina Castle?
5. Which is the capital of Ghana?
6. Which is the official language of Ghana?
7. Who was Ghana’s first prime minister?
Answer: Kwame Nkrumah
8. Who was Ghana’s first president?
Answer: Kwame Nkrumah
9. Who overthrew the government of Kofi Busia and established military rule in Ghana in 1972?
Answer: Ignatius Kutu Acheampong
10. Who became Ghana’s president on 7 January 2001?
Answer: John Kufuor
11. What does the Ghana flag represent
Answer: The red represents the blood of those who died in the country’s struggle for independence from Great Britain, the gold represents the mineral wealth of the country, the green symbolizes the country’s rich forests and natural wealth, and the black star is the symbol of African emancipation.
Ghana Police Service (GPS) Shortlisted applicants will soon be contacted
12. When was the Ghana flag designed
13. Who designed the Ghanaian Flag
Answer: Theodosia Okoh
14. Which year did Ghana receive its independence?
15. Which country borders Ghana to the west?
Answer: Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
16. What is Ghana’s oldest landmark?
Answer: The Larabange mosque
17. Who is the current chief justice of Ghana
Answer: Kwasi Anin-Yeboah
18. When did Ghana become a republic
Answer: 1 July 1960
19. Which party is the Ghana president?
Answer: New Patriotic Party
20. Ghana is divided into how many regions?
Answer: Ghana is divided into Sixteen (16) regions.
21. Who was the first female vice-chancellor in Ghanaian university?
Answer: Professor Jane Naana Opoku-Agyemang
22. When did Ghana start producing oil
Answer: December 2010
23. What is the premier Uiversity in Ghana
Answer: University of Ghana
24. Who is the Minister of Education in Ghana?
Answer: Yaw Osei Adutwum
25. When was the first military coup carried out in Ghana
Answer: 24 February 1966
26. What is the largest continent in the world?
Answer: ASIA with a population of 3,641,000,000 while Australia & Oceania is the smallest continent
27. What are the five Oceans in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Arctic Ocean
28. What is the full meaning of UNICEF?
Answer: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund
29. What is a centenary?
Answer: 100 years
30. Who is the current president of Ghana?
Answer: Nana Akufo-Addo
31. Who is the current vice president of Ghana?
Answer: Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia
32. How many members make up the Ghanaian parliament?
Answer: 275 Members of Parliament
33. Who is the current Speaker of the Ghanaian parliament?
Answer: Alban Kingsford Sumana Bagbin
34. What are the two words on the official Coat of Arms for Ghana?
Answer: Freedom and Justice
35. What is the official currency of Ghana?
Answer: Ghanaian cedi
36. Who is the current Inspector of Ghana Police (IGP) in Ghana?
Answer: Dr. George Akuffo Dampare
37. Who is the current Chief of Defence Staff in Ghana?
Answer: Rear Admiral Seth Amoama
38. Who is the current Head of Civil Service in Ghana?
Answer: Nana Kwasi Agyekum Dwamena
39. Who is the current Chief of Army Staff in Ghana?
Answer: Major General Thomas Oppong Peprah
40. Who is the current Chief of Naval Staff in Ghana?
Answer: Rear Admiral Issah Yakubu
41. Who is the current Chief of Air Staff in Ghana?
Answer: AVM Frank Hanson
42. How many political parties are in Ghana?
43. List six natural resources in Ghana?
- Crude Oil
44. Who was the first woman to be a Judge in Ghana
Answer: Annie Ruth Baeta
45. Who was the first President of Ghana?
Answer: Kwame Nkrumah
46. Which is the highest mountain in Africa?
Answer: Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
47. How many regions are in Ghana?
48. How many countries constitute the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)?
Top 26 Acronyms and their Full Meaning Institutions in Ghana
- ECOWAS – Economic Community of West African States BoG – Bank of Ghana
- BECE – Basic Education Certificate Examination
- BAG – Bar Association of Ghana
- BNI – Bureau of National Investigations
- AU – African Union
- AFDC – Armed Forces Defense Commission
- DVLA – Driver Vehicle and Licensing Authority
- EC – Electoral Commission
- ECOMOG – ECOWAS Monitoring Commission
- FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization
- GAAS – Ghana Academy of Arts and Science
- GAF – Ghana Armed Forces
- GAFCSC – Ghana Armed Forces Command & Staff College GAS – Ghana Academy of Sciences
GBA – Ghana Bar Association
- GBC – Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
- GES – Ghana Education Service
- GFA – Ghana Football Association
- GHS – Ghana Health Service
- GNAT – Ghana National Association of Teachers
- GNFS – Ghana National Fire Service
- GNPC – Ghana National Population Commission
- GSE – Ghana Stock Exchange
- NACOB – Narcotics Control Board
- NADMO – National Disaster Management Organization
Ghanaian Current Affairs Questions and Answers
1. How was Ghana formerly known?
c) Gold Coast
2. Who became Ghana’s president on 7 January 2001?
a) John Kufuor
b) Kwesy Botchwey
c) Richard Attipoe
d) Gilchrist Olympio
3. Who made the Ghana coat of arms?
A. Ephraim Amu
B. Kwame Nkrumah
C. Amon kotie
4. Who composed the Ghana national anthem?
A. Kwame Nkrumah
B. Ephraim Amu
C. Philip Gbeho
D. Theodosia Okoh
5. In which year did Kwame Nkrumah die?
A. April 15 1990
B. April 20 1983
C. April 27 1972
Here are the top current affairs questions and answers in Ghana. The list is constantly updated. Therefore, we encourage you to visit our website regularly to keep you on top of current issues as it happens in Ghana.
Top 25 Aptitude Test Questions and Answers