The capital of Bono Region, Sunyani is selected as the venue for Ghana Teachers Prize Giving Day 2021. This was disclosed by Dr. Christian Addai-Poku, the Registrar of NTC at a meeting with the Bono Regional Director of Education and her team.
Ghana Teachers Prize Giving Day
Ghana Teacher Prize Giving Day is a three-day event which commences from 3rd to 5th of October annually. The first two days are used for symposium and exhibition, the last day, 5th October (world teachers’ day) is the climax and the President of the Republic of Ghana is always the Guest of Honour.
Dr. Addai-Poku underscored the need for the nation to protect and motivate teachers as teachers are the number one determiner of quality and improved learning outcomes.
A 7 member Local Organization Committee was formed and chaired by the Regional Director of Education, Mrs Ivy Asantewa Owusu and the others are Mr Issah Baffoe, Mr Gordon Osei Margo, Mr Luke Mensah, Rev. Father Alex Ansu Ebo, Miss Sarah Yeboah and Mr James Ankomah, secretary to the committee.
Ghana Teachers Prize (GTP) Giving Day 2021 to be held in Sunyani
The Registrar officially inaugurated the Committee who had already started executing their duties. The registrar commended them for the yoeman’s job and further charged them to give out their all in making this year’s GTP one of the best. The Chairperson, Mrs. Ivy Asantewa Owusu promised the NTC officials of nothing but the best. “Bono Region is known for perfection and we promise to make this year’s event the best”
Top 20 Ghana Teachers Prize (GTP) Giving Day Nominees 2021
- Jusinta Kwakyewaa (Rev. Sr.) is a CLOTHING AND TEXTILES teacher at ST. FRANCIS SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL, AKIM ODA in BIRIM CENTRAL MUNICIPAL in the Eastern region.
- Philip Boateng Opoku is a MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE teacher at SUHUM M/A EXP. ‘C’ JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, SUHUM in the SUHUM MUNICIPAL in the Eastern region.
- Shadrach Kojo Dampson is an INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY teacher at AHENKRO METHODIST BASIC SCHOOL, AHENKRO in the ASSIN SOUTH DISTRICT in the Central region.
- Edward Arthur is an INTEGRATED SCIENCE teacher at ASSIN AHYIRESU DONKORKROM M/A BASIC SCHOOL, ASSIN FOSU in the ASSIN NORTH DISTRICT in the Central region.
- Ebenezer Kojo Otoo is a CERAMICS AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE IN ART teacher at WINNEBA SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, WINNEBA in the EFUTU MUNICIPAL in the Central region.
- Hellen Tanlugu is a KINDERGARTEN teacher at TUTCO DEMONSTRATION BASIC SCHOOL, TUMU in the SISSALA EAST MUNICIPAL in the Upper West region.
- Victor Amponsah is an ENGLISH LANGUAGE teacher at NSAWKAW STATE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, NSAWKAW in the TAIN DISTRICT in the Bono region.
- Solomon Obeng is an INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY teacher at ASESANSU M/A JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, WASA AKROPONG in the WASA AMENFI EAST MUNICIPAL in the Western region.
- Bismark Kwame Tunu teaches CHEMISTRY at BOSOME SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL, ASIWA in the BOSOME FREHO DISTRICT in the Ashanti region.
- Anthony Agbanyo is a BIOLOGY teacher at AKATSI SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL, AKATSI in the AKATSI SOUTH DISTRICT in the Volta region.
- Theresah Okyere is an ENGLISH LANGUAGE teacher at ANKAA M/A BASIC SCHOOL, ASSIN FOSO in the ASSIN NORTH DISTRICT in the Central region.
- Michael Ntori is a CLASS TEACHER at DOMEABRA M/A PRIMARY SCHOOL, SEFWI DOMEABRA in the SEFWI WIAWSO DISTRICT in the Western North region.
- Godfred Daniel Amonoo is a BUILDING CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY teacher at CAPE COAST TECHNICAL INSTITUTE, CAPE COAST in the CAPE COAST METROPOLIS in the Central region.
- Nelson Saviour Kwashie is an ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH teacher at AWUTU WINTON SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, AWUTU SENYA in the AWUTU SENYA DISTRICT in the Central region.
- Daniel Dzigbordi Dzathor is an ECONOMICS teacher at WESLEY GIRLS’ HIGH SCHOOL, CAPE COAST in the CAPE COAST METROPOLIS in the Central region.
- Belinda Agyeman is a PRINCIPAL DOMESTIC BURSAR at NKWATIA PRESBY SENIOR HIGH, NKWATIA in the KWAHU EAST DISTRICT in the Eastern Region.
- Maxwell Martey Benrich is an ACCOUNTANT at PRESBYTERIAN SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, BEGORO in the FANTEAKWA NORTH DISTRICT in the Eastern Region.
- Mary Donkor is a CHIEF COOK at DZORWULU SPECIAL SCHOOL, ACHIMOTA in the AYAWASO WEST DISTRICT in the Greater Accra Region
- Bright Hunter Ananjongya is an ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER at BAWKU SENIOR HIGH/TECHNICAL SCHOOL, BAWKU in the BAWKU MUNICIPAL in the Upper East region.
- Elizabeth Dzator is a SECRETARY at YILO KROBO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, SOMANYA in the YILO KROBO DISTRICT in the Eastern Region.
Ghana Education Service (GES) Recruitment
Register to merge your SSNIT and NIA numbers
How to access and check your SSNIT contribution statement using your phone
7 Simple Steps to Register for Teachers License and Registration Number
How to Register and be a SSNIT Contributor