Explore the UIUC Self-Service Portal and login with your NetID and Password. Here, students get access to their personal and academic information, register for courses/classes, view class schedules, pay fees, view financial aid information, view grades, and transcripts, and update their contact information.
About UIUC Self-Service Portal
Are you a student at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of Illinois Chicago (UIC), or University of Illinois Springfield (UIS)? If Yes! The UIUC Self-Service Portal is where you can register for courses, access moodle whether you are a degree-seeking student or a non-degree student. Through this portal, students can also drop classes, view billing information, myillini and UIUC explorer courses as well as access email.
Besides, the UIUC Self-Service Portal provides students access to their personal and academic information. Students can register for classes, view class schedules, pay fees, view financial aid information, view grades, and transcripts, and update their contact information.
The University has now integrated an online Learning Management System (LMS) Known as UIUC Canvas.
How to Access the UIUC Self-Service Portal
Follow the step below to get started.
- Explore UIUC Website via https://illinois.edu/
- Tap on Students on the navigation tab
- Scroll down and Select Student Self-Service Portal under Online Services category
- Select your University
Congratulations!!! You are now on the University of Illinois student self-service login homepage. Find below how to login.
How to Login to UIUC Self-Service Student Portal
Here is a quick way to access and login to UIUC Student Portal.
- Access Student Self Service Portal
- Enter your NetID and Password
- Tap Login button
How to Reset Self-Service Portal Password
Have you forgotten your password or NetID? Here’s the right place to manage and reset your password.
UIUC Course Registration Instructions
To access Student Self-Service, please follow these steps:
- Access Student Self-Service
- Select your University
- Use your Net ID and Password
- Tap Login button
For first-time logins, verify your personal information. Keep this information up-to-date to ensure the proper delivery of important documents.
How to Register for Illinois Courses
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to register for courses. Carefully follow the steps to get started.
Step 1: Prepare for Registration
- Login to Student Self-Service > Registration & Records > Enhanced Registration > Prepare for Registration
- Information at this tab indicates your readiness for registration. Here you can find;
- When you may register (your time ticket)
- Your student status and standing
- Any holds on your account
- Time ticket availability
- Your current college and curriculum.
NB: When you are finished checking on your readiness to register, return to the Enhanced Registration Main Menu.
Check Your Time Ticket
Your time ticket shows the period in which you can register for courses. You can check your time ticket information in Student Self Service.
- Login Student Self-Service
- Navigate to the “Registration & Records” tab at the top of the page
- Move to “Registration” (left side screen)
- Tap “Registration Eligibility”
- Address Any Account Holds
Holds listed in Student Self-Service, such as Transcript Holds or Financial Holds, may prevent your registration. If you have holds on your account, follow these steps:
Financial Holds – you must contact Student Financial Services to resolve any financial holds on your record before you can register for courses
Transcript Holds – Please refer to your Notice of Admission to identify what transcripts need to be sent in to have your transcript hold removed. If you have any questions, please contact the program for assistance.
Step 2: Register for Illinois Courses
When your eligibility to register for courses becomes active, you may then complete your registration. You can view course offerings and create your degree plan to assist you in mapping out your courses.
There are step-by-step registration instructions available on the Office of the Registrar’s website for enhanced registration.
How to Add Courses at Illinois
To add courses:
- Login Student Self-Service > Registration & Records > Enhanced Registration > Register for Classes
- Select the Term
- Click on “Enter CRNs”
- Enter the CRN (Course Registration Number) and select the term’s course offerings. The CRN is a 5-digit code for each course. Make sure you select the CRN in the degree or non-degree column, depending on whether you are a degree or non-degree student during the term in which you’re registering
- Select “Add to Summary”
- Push “Submit” in the bottom right corner.
If you have been registered successfully, the courses will show a green “registered” status. If you have not registered successfully, errors will appear and you will not be registered. The most common error our students receive is when they try to register for a degree section and they are non-degree or vice versa.
- You will not receive a confirmation email.
You should always pay attention to the “status” in the Course Summary section in the bottom right corner — as mentioned above, registered courses will show up in green with a “registered” status. This is how you know you are correctly registered for a course.
University of Illinois System
108 Henry Administration Bldg.
Urbana, IL 61801
Email: [email protected]