The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT), has extended the deadline for Members of the Scheme to merge their SSNIT and NIA numbers (Personal ID Numbers on their Ghana Card) from 31 December 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Members who are yet to register for their Ghana Cards are entreated to do so to merge their SSNIT and NIA numbers before 30 June 2022
From 1 July 2022. The Ghana Card will be the only identifications recognized by the Trust. This complies with Regulation 7 (1) of the National Identity Register Regulations. 2012 LI 2111 which requires the use of the Ghana Card as identification for transactions about individuals in respect of pensions and transactions that have social security implications”
Employers are to note that they will be required to use only the NIA numbers of their workers to process Contribution Reports and make payments. Voluntary contributors will also have to pay their contributions using their NIA numbers.
The Trust reminds the public that Members who fail to merge their SSNIT and NIA numbers will be denying themselves access to pensions and other social security related services from SSNIT
The SSNIT AND Ghana Card Merger Process
- To merge SSNIT and NIA Ghana card numbers. Members should dial the shortcode here and follow the prompts
- Alternatively, Members may log onto the SSNIT website here and follow the instructions to merge their numbers.
- Members can also visit the nearest SSNIT Branch with their Ghana Cards, valid email addresses, and phone numbers to have the merger done.
- Once the merger of the SSNIT and NIA numbers is complete, Members can use their Ghana Cards to transact business with the Trust
- New joiners to the SSNIT Scheme should provide their Ghana Cards as identification to enroll in the Scheme.
There will be no further extension beyond the 30th June 2022 deadline
Management urges all Members of the Scheme to ensure that their numbers are merged to enjoy the convenience and comfort of using only one card, the Ghana Card. for all transactions with the Trust.
- Issued by Management of SSNIT