Table of Contents
Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) R350
The Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD Grant) is meant for South African Citizens, Refugees, Asylum Seekers, and Special Permit Holders who are between the ages of 18 and 60 years, who have insufficient means, who do not receive social grants on behalf of herself/ himself or who are not contributing to or eligible for UIF payment and have no financial support from any other source.
- If you are an approved beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 Grant and you wish to change your banking details, submit your ID Number below. An SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during the application.
- Follow the link in the SMS.
- To receive payment into a bank account, ensure that you are the owner of the account. SASSA cannot pay your grant into another person’s bank account.
- Should you select the money transfer option via one of the major banks, ensure that the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name. SASSA cannot pay your grant to a mobile phone number that is registered to another person.
- New banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification.
How to Submit Your SASSA Bank Details
Learn how to submit your details to the SASSA. Follow these steps to get started:
- Access the SASSA Website via srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the “How do I change my bank details” section
- Enter your ID Number
- An SMS/text message with the link to the SASSA will be sent to the mobile phone number registered for the SRD application process
- Open the details link in the message and follow the instructions.
SASSA Update Banking Details Link
To change and update your SASSA banking details, here’s the link to follow:
- Go to the SASSA Banking Details Link
- Scroll down to “How do I change my banking details?”
- Enter your ID Document Number (ID Number)
- Press the Submit button.
- You will be received the SMS, is registered before, from Sassa containing a secured link unique to your phone number
- Follow the link sent to you for instructions
- Follow the instructions carefully to complete this process
Once you have entered your current bank account, you must wait for the bank to verify the new banking details.
After the new details are verified, you can make payments using your new banking information. A new bank account will be used for future payments. If you keep the exact information, you will need to update them periodically.