Here is all you need to know about NTC Teacher Portfolio Assessment 2021 and all the 21 items newly qualified teachers are expected to submit. The 2021 portfolio assessment begins on the 4th October 2021 to the 14th December 2021.
NTC Teacher Portfolio Assessment
NTC Teaching portfolio provides evidence of teachers’ work and goal accomplishments. The portfolio describes the beliefs of the teacher and how such beliefs influence the way the teaching practices.
The artifacts provided in the portfolio provide undebatable facts that the teacher is the architect of what s/he claims. The portfolio helps to justify the good work of the teacher in contributing to the promotion of high standards of teaching and learning.
The portfolio also provides an opportunity for sharing best practices. NQTs are therefore requested to as much as possible to submit the artifacts as items to the portfolio assessors for assessment during their visits to the Newly Qualified Teachers.
This is the only means to indicate that the NQTs spent the induction period in the classroom and so are eligible to be recommended for a license to practice as professional teachers with one year of professional experience.
21 Items Newly Qualified Teachers are Expected to Submit.
- School information/particulars of NQTs including GTLE number
- Evidence of attendance to work confirmed through a letter by the head (Content should indicate the period of attendance in minutes)
- Teaching Philosophy (Goal, its relationship with your teaching techniques and assessment practices)
- A video/ an audiotape of your best lesson or still photographs of your teaching
- Scheme of work/Scheme of Learning
- 15 samples of Lesson plans (learning plans) used
- Samples of student work you have graded, showing your comments, etc., or sample of activities you have evaluated showing your comments.
- Reflective practice/Reflective logs /Reflections on your practice.
- Assessment instruments (test items/quizzes) created by you, with their marking schemes, and an explanation of how effective (or ineffective) the assessment was used or data collection instruments developed by you with sample data collected and analyze and reports generated from the analysis
- Work/task sheets drawn for students/clients
- Mentor’s report/comments on NQTs behavior, attendance, and attitude towards work
- A brief report indicating not less than five (5) co-curricular activities engaged in be NQT
- Report on Core Competencies which focuses on:
- How learners were supported to develop new competencies
- How learners were supported to use already possessed competences
- Difficulties teachers had in helping learners to either develop or use particular core competence(s).
- Headteacher’s recommendation
- List and description of learning/teaching aids (resources) that cannot be put into the portfolio.
- A report on career development for the NQT (Head or Mentor should provide based on an assessment of NQTs experiences).
- Evidence of participating in school-based activities including formal meetings attended.
- Three minutes written by NQTs which provide evidence of meetings with the mentor.
- A report was written by NQT showing evidence of meeting with the Head of school
- Evidence of In-Service Training attended
- Type of in-service attended (SBI, CBI, DBI COP, etc.)
- Training Logbook
- Certificate awarded
- Summary of Action Research conducted as part of the reflective Practice.
- Follow more guidelines here to build your portfolio now.